Light on Kinect oddities

#1lopperPosted 1/13/2014 5:21:32 PM
If I've got the Xbox on, but I'm not actively using it (ex: I leave the Xbox on when I'm using PS4 on a different input), the light on the Kinect is turning itself off, then on again for some reason. Then off, then on...

It never did this before yesterday, but now it's doing it all the time. If I'm watching TV (through Xbox) then the light is steady, but if I do anything else that isn't actively using the Xbox the light turns it self off every minute or so, then right back on.

And just to make it super annoying, the light on the Xbox itself gets brighter when the light on the Kinect goes off. So then there are two flashing lights in my peripheral vision.

Has anyone else run into something like this?
---
I come about my bicycle, you son of a *****!
#2TBONE_OGPosted 1/13/2014 5:25:52 PM
I think mine did this once. I thought it was just getting an update or something. Never did it again. Try a cold boot (shut your system completely off). See if that helps.
---
Always O.G.
#3lopper(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 5:28:44 PM
Should've mentioned that I've done a restart/reset (?) twice. Held the button for 10 seconds until it restarted. It's still doing it.

Crazy annoying!
---
I come about my bicycle, you son of a *****!
#4aszsithPosted 1/13/2014 8:23:23 PM
The best answer I have been able to find while searching online is that the lights have auto brightness and adjust depending on the ambient light in the room. Not sure that is correct, but I can't seem to find anything else.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.