Should Microsoft buy Nintendo and Sony?

#31CKnightPosted 1/13/2014 8:42:42 PM
mtKing52 posted...
Never. Just look at what happened to Rare after Microsoft acquired them, their creativity has decreased and they've been making Kinect shovelware recently.

Seriously this needs to stop. People list this one company and think it'll happen 100% of the time from then on.

You know how many game makers just started to suck all on their own last gen? It happens and the gaming industry is always changing.

I mean Free Radical who made Timesplitters made Haze all by themselves and that game was garbage. They were then later absorbed by Crytek and I guess helped make Crysis.
#32ThePaleRiderpPosted 1/13/2014 8:43:46 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
I think it's hilarious that some people think MS can afford to buy Nintendo. They already tried to buy Nintendo back in the early 2000s. They offered 25 BILLION dollars. They were turned down. Considering the fact that there is a high probablity that MS will sell the XBox division because they literally have not made a dime from it, do you really think they are going to try and spend 10s of billions of dollars to attempt to buy Nintendo?

MS has 60 billion dollars in cash in their accounts and is worth 300+ billion. If they wanted to buy Nintendo, they could.

It's not an issue of money though. As others have stated by Japanese law Japanese companies can not be bought by foreign ones, period. Also I'd like to say that even if Sony and Nintendo somehow went away the Japanese would not sell 2 of their biggest companies to foreigners just off of principles. That's like the US loosing Microsoft and Apple and selling them to China or Russia. Not happening.
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#33NejiHyuga900Posted 1/13/2014 8:57:11 PM
ADHDguitar posted...
No.

---
Xbox/Windows Gamertag & NNID: TDPNeji | Steam ID & PSN: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#34MrBadingerPosted 1/13/2014 9:04:25 PM
I don't really think they could. Microsoft would probably run into trouble with Anti-Trust laws
---
3DS Friend Code: 0473-8300-9392 IGN: Michael
Friend Safari Rock: Magcargo, Dwebble & Rhydon
#35Dannyson97Posted 1/13/2014 9:08:13 PM
Microsoft already tried buying Nintendo. 25$ billion just didn't catch Nintendo fancy.
---
I am a Christian and proud!
3DO appreciation month!
#36Motobug321Posted 1/13/2014 9:09:23 PM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
No.

This, especially after what happened to Rare.
#37Dannyson97Posted 1/13/2014 9:15:01 PM
Motobug321 posted...
NejiHyuga900 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
No.

This, especially after what happened to Rare.

Buy the time Microsoft bought Rare most of the talent behind Banjo, and Conker were already gone. They had the IPs but nobody to use then properly.
---
I am a Christian and proud!
3DO appreciation month!
#38GamersTavernPosted 1/13/2014 9:22:32 PM
Microsoft should focus on buying the United States first, then maybe Russia.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#39savagechild89Posted 1/13/2014 9:31:16 PM
id love to see them try. not saying its 100% impossible.....but it would be a cold day in hell before either sony or nintendo let that happen.

kinda like when comcast tried to buy disney.....lol yeah....that happened.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#40maynotPosted 1/13/2014 9:32:21 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
Microsoft got the business sense to make your booty go
Nintendo got the games to make your booty go
Sony got the hardware to make your booty go

This idea is bad and you should feel bad. Say no to monopolies. With much fewer choices and competition, things will stagnate more and in a worse way. It would likely make me quit gaming.
---
I play lots of games. About 90% of them are played in my head.