Should Microsoft buy Nintendo and Sony?

#41ThePaleRiderpPosted 1/13/2014 9:40:14 PM
savagechild89 posted...
id love to see them try. not saying its 100% impossible.....but it would be a cold day in hell before either sony or nintendo let that happen.

kinda like when comcast tried to buy disney.....lol yeah....that happened.

Lol you serious?
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0
#421Phire1Posted 1/13/2014 9:46:20 PM
Nintendo's fine... they just need to try a little harder. At some point they dropped out of the "Big 3" race and focus on what they do best.

I mean, it's not a terrible business strategy, but if Nintendo was offering a system on par with XBONE and PS4 I'd probably be with Nintendo right now.

But they aren't, so I'm not.
#43GladiatorDangerPosted 1/13/2014 9:55:29 PM
Hansukei posted...
GladiatorDanger posted...
Ken_Low posted...
But Microsoft needs sony....And Sony needs Microsoft

How so?

Competition brings in money. Research it. =P

Competition brings in money? I could research it however the assertion sounds so moronically stupid I don't really think I want to dignify it with a good search, why don't you just explain it to me.
#44Troll_DirectoryPosted 1/13/2014 10:02:47 PM
Dudeman315 posted...
Troll_Directory posted...
majinbuu58 posted...
LotrMorgoth posted...
would love to see them buy nintendo because those damn nintendo exclusives always get me and i woudn't have to buy a second system

i think the competition b/w MS and Sony is best for business

Not really. Neither of them bring something to the table that the other doesn't.
^ maybe you're too young to remember the '90s when Nintendo and Sega fans called Sony's 3D polygonal graphics a gimmick. and later, when sony and nintendo fans naysaid ms bringing their pc and online features to console gaming. it's BECAUSE of their competition with each other, that they are bringing similar superior experiences to the table.

SEGA? You mean the company that made the 1st 3D fighting game?
exactly. you think people are stupid now. it was even worse, then.
#45OEIO999Posted 1/13/2014 10:04:32 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
Microsoft got the business sense to make your booty go
Nintendo got the games to make your booty go
Sony got the hardware to make your booty go

LMAO ROFL LOLOLOLOL
#46GamerguymassPosted 1/13/2014 10:11:26 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
I think it's hilarious that some people think MS can afford to buy Nintendo. They already tried to buy Nintendo back in the early 2000s. They offered 25 BILLION dollars. They were turned down. Considering the fact that there is a high probablity that MS will sell the XBox division because they literally have not made a dime from it, do you really think they are going to try and spend 10s of billions of dollars to attempt to buy Nintendo?

MS has 60 billion dollars in cash in their accounts and is worth 300+ billion. If they wanted to buy Nintendo, they could.

You clearly have no idea how business works. For starters MS already offered Nintendo 25 billion dollars and were turned down. This was before the DS. Before the Wii. Before the 3DS. 25 billion dollars wasn't enough before these three systems that made Nintendo billions upon billions of dollars. Think of how much MS would have to offer now to even have a chance.

Secondly MS isn't going to spend over half the cash they have on hand to buy one company. It would most likely end up being well over half seeing as 25 billion wasn't enough.

Third, they are worth 300 billion. Do you know what that means? It is the value of all their assets. Meaning it is not cash on hand to spend. MS can be worth a 100 trillion dollars and it wouldn't mean anything when it comes to buying Nintendo or anyone else. They would need to sell those assets to get the money to then buy Nintendo.

Fourth, MS is a giant corporation, they do lots of different things. They aren't going to spend most of their money on one division. The way corporations work is if a division in their company stops making money then they stop the division that is losing them money. The XBox line hasn't made any money. At all. Ten billion dollars was used to fund it, then billions more was spent, and it has yet to make that money back. They aren't then going to spend tens of billions of dollars more just to buy one company.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#47majinbuu58Posted 1/13/2014 10:20:21 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
majinbuu58 posted...
LotrMorgoth posted...
would love to see them buy nintendo because those damn nintendo exclusives always get me and i woudn't have to buy a second system

i think the competition b/w MS and Sony is best for business

Not really. Neither of them bring something to the table that the other doesn't.
^ maybe you're too young to remember the '90s when Nintendo and Sega fans called Sony's 3D polygonal graphics a gimmick. and later, when sony and nintendo fans naysaid ms bringing their pc and online features to console gaming. it's BECAUSE of their competition with each other, that they are bringing similar superior experiences to the table.

That works if those are the only two in hardware. But then again, i guess neither company can compete with Nintendo.
#48xio323Posted 1/13/2014 10:30:14 PM(edited)
competition is necessary for business otherwise a company could charge whatever the hell they wanted for their product.
If microsoft owned both nintendo and sony, they could charge $1200 for the next console and you couldn't do S*** because there is no other competition left to create gaming consoles (other than PC) Unless another gaming company rises and creates a new gen system at a more affordable price or you switch to PC. this would lead to no one buying the new product because it's overpriced as crap leading to another gaming crash.

tl;dr you guys need to learn how business works.
#49RaRitsujunPosted 1/13/2014 10:30:59 PM
Didn't you know? Microsofie might sell Xbox soon.
---
18700 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#50UltimaSora91Posted 1/13/2014 10:34:18 PM
Gamerguymass posted...
I think it's hilarious that some people think MS can afford to buy Nintendo. They already tried to buy Nintendo back in the early 2000s. They offered 25 BILLION dollars. They were turned down. Considering the fact that there is a high probablity that MS will sell the XBox division because they literally have not made a dime from it, do you really think they are going to try and spend 10s of billions of dollars to attempt to buy Nintendo?

This
---
Is it me, or does it look like Yveltal posed as to say, "Come at me, bro"?
3DS: 4768-7461-8649