Should Microsoft buy Nintendo and Sony?

#71HENTAIDOJIPosted 1/14/2014 6:47:11 AM
Nintendo will sort itself out eventually. And by that i mean go third party.

Sony is cheaper than Nintendo and has more finger in more pies...but Sony is already third party.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#72120N7Posted 1/14/2014 6:51:26 AM
Ken_Low posted...
Nintendo is up in the air....

But Microsoft needs sony....And Sony needs Microsoft

like WWF needed WCW....see what happened when that was over

Why would Microsoft need Sony? As companies, they are not in the same league. Maybe the Xbox needs the PS4, More like, we need the Xbox to need the PS4. Monopoly isn't just a game.
#73EnclavePosted 1/14/2014 7:04:18 AM
GladiatorDanger posted...
Yes, it did. Answer me this, were there not video game consoles of comparable power released around the same time as the PS2?

No, in fact Gamecube and Xbox were more powerful than the PS2.

What's relevant though is not the power of the systems. Rather what's relevant is the sales numbers.

PS2: Approx 155 million units world wide.
GC: Approx. 22 million world wide.
Xbox: Approx. 24 million world wide.

That's why Sony had an effective monopoly that gen, their sales dwarfed the other two. Microsoft and Nintendo were not competition for Sony that gen, nobody was. Those sales numbers are quite simply incomparable.

If you have a product that has sold 155 million units and your closest competitor sold 24 million? They're not really competing with you no matter how much they wish they were and no matter how much their fans wish they were.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#74GladiatorDangerPosted 1/14/2014 7:18:12 AM
I said comparable power not matching power, yes the gamecube and xbox were more powerful but they were still had a comparable power range when it come to running video games in their generation.

Sales figures are irrelevant as even if the other consoles didn't sell as well they were still competing in the same field meaning the PS2 still had competition to drive it forward.
#75EnclavePosted 1/14/2014 7:27:18 AM
I said comparable power not matching power, yes the gamecube and xbox were more powerful but they were still had a comparable power range when it come to running video games in their generation.

Sales figures are irrelevant as even if the other consoles didn't sell as well they were still competing in the same field meaning the PS2 still had competition to drive it forward.

You clearly are beyond hope. Sales figures are the most relevant thing by an insane degree. Sony most definitely had an effective monopoly in that gen. The other consoles sold so few systems in comparison to the PS2 that they really weren't in direct competition anymore.

What you can take away from this is that a single insanely dominant console (effective monopoly) won't necessarily hurt the quality of games that gets released as there's still competition between games on the platform itself. However, you can also take away from it that it could lead to the console maker getting a big head and inflated ego and thus pull the kind of crap that Sony pulled with the launch of the PS3. We also learned that you don't even need an effective monopoly to get a swollen head as Microsoft proved they were just as idiotic as PS3 launch Sony with the pre-launch crap from them about the XBO.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#76CrystalKing5426Posted 1/14/2014 11:50:30 AM
Enclave posted...
Yes, it did. Answer me this, were there not video game consoles of comparable power released around the same time as the PS2?

No, in fact Gamecube and Xbox were more powerful than the PS2.

What's relevant though is not the power of the systems. Rather what's relevant is the sales numbers.

PS2: Approx 155 million units world wide.
GC: Approx. 22 million world wide.
Xbox: Approx. 24 million world wide.

That's why Sony had an effective monopoly that gen, their sales dwarfed the other two. Microsoft and Nintendo were not competition for Sony that gen, nobody was. Those sales numbers are quite simply incomparable.

If you have a product that has sold 155 million units and your closest competitor sold 24 million? They're not really competing with you no matter how much they wish they were and no matter how much their fans wish they were.

I should point out that around 1/3 of the PS2's lifetime sales came after the 6th gen was finished.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid