Microsoft has truly turned things around. Amazing

#21Retroxgamer0Posted 1/13/2014 11:00:25 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...
With all the pre-release negativity Sony had a chance to deal a fatal blow to MS. Sadly Sony's E3 was a soonzefest (the highlight being the shot they took at MS about DRM) and also Sony chose to basically release the same console as PS3 but with better hardware (still inferior to a computer but unlike Xbox One the PS is severely limited in terms of applications outside of gaming).

MS decided to cover all the markets and applications and fixed their DRM mistakes. Both came out of the gates hot (Gamefaqs polls showed the majority of the site thought the Xbox One would hardly sell anything... Then they flipped 2 months later and said "they knew the Xbox One would sell" lol gamefaqs)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5331

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5354

Regardless the PS4 has a slight edge right now (much like the X360 did last gen but PS3 battled back and created a virtual deadlock by end of gen, still got owned in software sales). The Xbox One has now overcome the initial hurdle and with games such as Titanfall being console exclusive looks full steam ahead in battling back.

What are your thoughts on how Microsoft has handled the initial negativity and how sales will shape up over the next few years? (No trolling from angry sony fans please)

Haha @ those poll results.
#22LEGEND_725(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 11:18:15 PM
Redjoker777 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
Wow...you guys are STILL making topics like this? Its getting kind of pathetic.

Someone could make a case for the continued misuse of "it's" being pathetic as well. But that just opens doors to more finger pointing.

As well as the case that just coming in and calling everyone pathetic literally adds NOTHING to the conversation.
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#23SabramPosted 1/14/2014 12:30:16 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Sabram posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Watch out. Here come the Sony fanturds to defend their console like it is the red dawn.

At this point no "defending" needs to be done.

PS4 is outselling the Xbone in every territory they're both released in, as well as globally. Software is selling more on PS4, and overall customer satisfaction is higher. Plus, have you TRIED dealing with MS Customer Support? It's a nightmare. I've dealt with Sony's CS a few times on various things and always hung up satisfied.

As for all of the other "features" that the Xbone has, the only things it DOES do the PS4 doesnt, is TV stuff and HDMI pass-through. Those might be relevant if A: People that wanted cable didnt already have it and B: You needed more than 2 (or 3) HDMI ports. My TV has four, and it cost me less than the Xbone would have. I don't even use all four, and only WOULD use four if I had a PS3, PS4, Wii-U, and 360. Even then, if i were to get an Xbone afterwards, why not get ANOTHER TV to use it on? Like I said earlier, it would cost less than the system itself, and if you are using up all your HDMI ports on a single TV, you have enough money for entertainment to afford another reasonable TV.

There's literally nothing the Xbone has in and of itself that makes it worth having over the PS4. The games offered could be an argument for some people, but that isn't what I'm discussing at all.

Except exclusives and every single feature outside of the supposed "50% more powah" (despite the fact that no PS4 game has looked 50% better so far). ITT: features I don't like or are useful shouldn't be counted. That is your logic.

1. I said the games werent being counted right now, since everything about them is completely subjective.
2. I want you to list the "features" the Xbone has that the PS4 doesn't. Don't mention Xbox Live, since that's been a typical reply, even though which one is better is completely subjective as well. Also don't mention anything to do with TV. Let's see what you can come up with.
---
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram
#24nameless0101Posted 1/14/2014 12:49:43 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
With all the pre-release negativity Sony had a chance to deal a fatal blow to MS. Sadly Sony's E3 was a soonzefest (the highlight being the shot they took at MS about DRM) and also Sony chose to basically release the same console as PS3 but with better hardware (still inferior to a computer but unlike Xbox One the PS is severely limited in terms of applications outside of gaming).

MS decided to cover all the markets and applications and fixed their DRM mistakes. Both came out of the gates hot (Gamefaqs polls showed the majority of the site thought the Xbox One would hardly sell anything... Then they flipped 2 months later and said "they knew the Xbox One would sell" lol gamefaqs)

Regardless the PS4 has a slight edge right now (much like the X360 did last gen but PS3 battled back and created a virtual deadlock by end of gen, still got owned in software sales). The Xbox One has now overcome the initial hurdle and with games such as Titanfall being console exclusive looks full steam ahead in battling back.

What are your thoughts on how Microsoft has handled the initial negativity and how sales will shape up over the next few years? (No trolling from angry sony fans please)

Those 2 polls don't imply that at all, and it took maybe a month at most before it got to the point of being able to find the it in stores on shelves. I'd hardly say it's caught up either considering that PS4 isn't out in Japan yet which will likely give it a boost (I'm aware that Xbox has a lot of regions to launch in but none are anywhere near as big as the US)
---
Xbox Live Gamertag DeludedFool
PSN Name also DeludedFool
#25swatkiller546Posted 1/14/2014 12:53:28 AM
MajorPoopStorm posted...
OmecronBlazor posted...
Right and the gap will widen once PS4 launches in Japan ;)

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1338/13388005/2402416-6962185068-PS4_m.gif

lmao
---
FC: 4768-7796-9687
#26OandA_PestPosted 1/14/2014 1:07:27 AM(edited)
LEGEND_725 posted...

Except exclusives and every single feature outside of the supposed "50% more powah" (despite the fact that no PS4 game has looked 50% better so far). ITT: features I don't like or are useful shouldn't be counted. That is your logic.

Posts like yours are the reason why I can't be asked to visit the Xbox One board as often anymore. Posters like you always have to try and do damage control for Microsoft with the stupidest of posts.

PS4 DOES have games. For you to say it has None, Zero, Nada, Zilch, is total BS, completely wrong, and extremely foolish. It has exclusives right now to play. Whether or not they are good is completely subjective. Plenty of people have been enjoying Knack. It also has superior multiplatform games - like Assassin's Creed 4 and Battlefield 4 - that run better and smoother on the PS4 than they do on the Xbox One, which has been shown numerous times. So in that regard, I think we're already seeing what the PS4 has over the Xbox One power-wise and that will only continue to grow from there. Doh! There goes your argument.

Let me also put this into perspective for you too... Yes, The Xbox One has the most exclusives right now. That isn't debatable. Happens everytime Microsoft launches a new console. The issue with that is... exclusive releases will lessen as time goes on. The Xbox One has more eggs in the basket at launch; only to have lesser exclusive titles within the next year. It is a fact that Playstation 4 will have a higher number and better variety of exclusives by the end of 2014.

If you want to talk features of both consoles, answer the other guy. I'm curious as to how you will answer.
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
Pests take over the Scott Ferrall Show '06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95tboOKVR8
#27dnmtPosted 1/14/2014 1:09:13 AM
As good a time as any to post this again:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/195601iE6B39142D8DF1DC0/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

If you don't think MS is going to pull the same thing a second time then you're just being naive.
#28Babbit55Posted 1/14/2014 1:18:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#29InjusticeRebornPosted 1/14/2014 1:21:05 AM
dnmt posted...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/195601iE6B39142D8DF1DC0/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

If you don't think MS is going to pull the same thing a second time then you're just being naive.

I'm going to start stocking up on food, guns and ammo, ready for when Germany starts invading everyone again.

Cheers for the heads up.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
#30dnmtPosted 1/14/2014 1:28:33 AM(edited)
InjusticeReborn posted...
dnmt posted...

I'm going to start stocking up on food, guns and ammo, ready for when Germany starts invading everyone again.

Cheers for the heads up.

I guess you didn't realize this but Germany started both World Wars, lol, so if you think about it your ridiculous analogy only makes my point stronger. But really that's just a dumb analogy and you should be ashamed, try to stay on topic next time or provide a good counter argument. Hope this helps.