Allow me to put something in perspective for you people

#1MasterSword546Posted 1/13/2014 9:35:13 PM
Before I tell you what this topic will be about, here is an example for you people, inspired by a topic I recently read.

Pretend for a moment that Treyarch announces a new Call of Duty game for this November. Everybody gets excited as usual for some reason, but then something happens. All the footage being shown is only of the Zombie mode. That's strange isn't? Maybe they'll eventually get to the single player and multiplayer modes?

No. The game is all Zombie mode. That's it. People complain, people praise it. People are so sure that it will sell well, because why wouldn't it? Everybody loves Zombie mode right? Wrong. Fast forward to November and the game releases, selling only a fraction of what CoD usually does. Big surprise, right? Not really. It only included one mode, extremely limiting it's appeal to a wider audience. No diversity.

Now, put Titanfall in it's place. I'm aware Zombies=\=Multiplayer, but the point stands. The appeal is limited. Maybe now people will understand that the game is overhyped.

You're welcome.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#2Foxx3kPosted 1/13/2014 9:38:39 PM
I felt the same way about Bioshock Infinite. A game coming out that doesn't even have a horde defense mode or competitive multiplayer? This is 2013, people!!!!!!!

/s
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3Sith JediPosted 1/13/2014 9:38:48 PM
True, the appeal is limited to the very small number of people who enjoy online multiplayer FPS games.
#4violentdissmayPosted 1/13/2014 9:44:59 PM
MasterSword546 posted...
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day.

And someday she'll write a song about the inevitable break up.
Even though I agree that Titanfall is overhyped, MP has become (unfortunately) very very popular. Also, lots of games that only have one mode sell well, Borderlands2 really just had co-op and its had just a bit of success. Just throwing it out there that until the people get their hands on the game, theres no real way to tell how fun it will be and how well it will do.
---
"Remember when consoles only played games? Pepperidge Farm remembers." - Broly4561
#5Sith JediPosted 1/13/2014 9:47:40 PM
violentdissmay posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day.

And someday she'll write a song about the inevitable break up.
Even though I agree that Titanfall is overhyped, MP has become (unfortunately) very very popular. Also, lots of games that only have one mode sell well, Borderlands2 really just had co-op and its had just a bit of success. Just throwing it out there that until the people get their hands on the game, theres no real way to tell how fun it will be and how well it will do.

I've heard a couple people enjoy some game called Left 4 Dead 2 as well.
#6RebelGameMasterPosted 1/13/2014 10:20:12 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
True, the appeal is limited to the very small number of people who enjoy online multiplayer FPS games.

That number is even smaller when you take into account that about 75% of those players are on the PS4.
---
THE XBONE: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/576/502/388.jpg
#7Aone1987Posted 1/13/2014 10:23:40 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...
Sith Jedi posted...

That number is even smaller when you take into account that about 75% of those players are on the PS4.

ouch
#8skermacPosted 1/13/2014 10:26:57 PM
MasterSword546 posted...
Before I tell you what this topic will be about, here is an example for you people, inspired by a topic I recently read.

Pretend for a moment that Treyarch announces a new Call of Duty game for this November. Everybody gets excited as usual for some reason, but then something happens. All the footage being shown is only of the Zombie mode. That's strange isn't? Maybe they'll eventually get to the single player and multiplayer modes?

No. The game is all Zombie mode. That's it. People complain, people praise it. People are so sure that it will sell well, because why wouldn't it? Everybody loves Zombie mode right? Wrong. Fast forward to November and the game releases, selling only a fraction of what CoD usually does. Big surprise, right? Not really. It only included one mode, extremely limiting it's appeal to a wider audience. No diversity.

Now, put Titanfall in it's place. I'm aware Zombies=\=Multiplayer, but the point stands. The appeal is limited. Maybe now people will understand that the game is overhyped.

You're welcome.

You are only guessing so your opinion means nothing. We will have to wait and see what sales are.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#9aszsithPosted 1/13/2014 10:32:19 PM
You put nothing into perspective for me. You basically pointed out the potential flaws of two games in which I already had no interest. You also proved that your Delorean is as nonfunctional as mine.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#10MasterSword546(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 10:38:30 PM
aszsith posted...
You put nothing into perspective for me. You basically pointed out the potential flaws of two games in which I already had no interest. You also proved that your Delorean is as nonfunctional as mine.

According to your sig, you weren't the target audience for my post.

Also, my Delorean is quite functional, thank you.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238