Allow me to put something in perspective for you people

#31Juzten76Posted 1/14/2014 8:11:58 AM
MasterSword546 posted...
Before I tell you what this topic will be about, here is an example for you people, inspired by a topic I recently read.

Pretend for a moment that Treyarch announces a new Call of Duty game for this November. Everybody gets excited as usual for some reason, but then something happens. All the footage being shown is only of the Zombie mode. That's strange isn't? Maybe they'll eventually get to the single player and multiplayer modes?

No. The game is all Zombie mode. That's it. People complain, people praise it. People are so sure that it will sell well, because why wouldn't it? Everybody loves Zombie mode right? Wrong. Fast forward to November and the game releases, selling only a fraction of what CoD usually does. Big surprise, right? Not really. It only included one mode, extremely limiting it's appeal to a wider audience. No diversity.

Now, put Titanfall in it's place. I'm aware Zombies=\=Multiplayer, but the point stands. The appeal is limited. Maybe now people will understand that the game is overhyped.

You're welcome.

What a stupid analogy. Why not just use the analogy of CoD being released as multiplayer only? Instead you choose Zombie mode? That makes absolutely no sense. You had the opportunity to compare them fairly and accurately and you blew it by just choosing some obscure game mode that isn't the core of the CoD experience.
#32BeefEasterPosted 1/14/2014 8:14:18 AM
ITT: the TC got really stoned and thought he was saying something smart
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#33TrueBlue91Posted 1/14/2014 8:26:18 AM
Titanfall won't flop because it's on 3 systems, but ROFLMAOMGWTFBBQ at anyone who think it's even close to being a system seller. Seriously.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#34Lawboy2Posted 1/14/2014 9:32:37 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Titanfall won't flop because it's on 3 systems, but ROFLMAOMGWTFBBQ at anyone who think it's even close to being a system seller. Seriously.

I wish march was here already so you guys would stop talking about this game....I just read an article on evolve preorders by ign...and instead of talking about that game for some reason everybody felt the need to compare it to titanfall and saying preordering this game would end up backfiring like titanfall...it's sad so many ppl have deemed the game a failure before it has even released...this is dispicable....I can't wait for march then I can actually know whether or not it was overhyped...and whether or not it will actually be a bust...Lol...u guys...gamers...smh
#35TBONE_OGPosted 1/14/2014 10:02:34 AM
Rome218 posted...
LMAO@thread.

This.

/thread
---
Always O.G.
#36-FryShakeWad-Posted 1/14/2014 10:06:09 AM
K cool, I'm still getting it day one because the game looks amazing.
#37godslayer61Posted 1/14/2014 10:22:00 AM
Crysiania posted...
Heck im a ps4 owner and uninterested in titanfall but even I can say its appeal is hardly limited.

It fits into the same category as all the fps games which have terrible campaigns so bad they might aswell not exist.

People play these games for the multi, titanfall devs are just the first to admit including single player would be pointless.

Everytime i hear people say they bought something like call of duty for its single player i RLY cringe.

I will not pay $60 for a mp only game and one that is a 6vs6 to boot , that is insane asking full price for this and what do you expect from the fathers of cod , they don't have enough skill to build a truly great game like uncharted or a in depth rpg , nope they can only do generic fps games.
---
ps3-ps4-vita-psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975----------http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#38violentdissmayPosted 1/14/2014 1:44:25 PM
Sith Jedi posted...
violentdissmay posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day.

And someday she'll write a song about the inevitable break up.
Even though I agree that Titanfall is overhyped, MP has become (unfortunately) very very popular. Also, lots of games that only have one mode sell well, Borderlands2 really just had co-op and its had just a bit of success. Just throwing it out there that until the people get their hands on the game, theres no real way to tell how fun it will be and how well it will do.

I've heard a couple people enjoy some game called Left 4 Dead 2 as well.

Exactly my point, a game may have only one mode (Skyrim) but it may not stop it from being successful (unless its bad).
---
"Remember when consoles only played games? Pepperidge Farm remembers." - Broly4561