Looking to get an X1 in the next few months...what games to get?

#1fhsfootball74Posted 1/13/2014 10:02:45 PM
Let me preface by saying I already have a PS4 and have played pretty much all of the 3rd party games I've wanted on there plus Knack and Shadowfall. I'd like to get the X1 to complete (for the first time in my life) my collection of all current gen consoles available. I'm interested in Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, and possibly even Crimson Dragon.

Are they all worth a look? Will there be demos available? I'm thinking about getting two games to start, suggestions please?
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#2aszsithPosted 1/13/2014 10:17:20 PM
DR3 and Killer Instinct would be my suggestions. I didn't like Forza (although I prefer arcade racers like NFS more). Ryse is very lovely, but very short. The game is a ton of fun though.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 10:19:53 PM
Ryse looks interesting, and would certainly be a showcase to counter Killzone on my PS4.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#4bskiffingtonPosted 1/13/2014 10:25:23 PM
Dead Rising 3 is an absolute blast
Haven't played Ryse yet but its an exclusive.
Titanfall in March
---
Currently Playing: Battlefield 4, A Link Between Worlds, GTA V, MGS Legacy Collection, NHL 14
3DS FC: 0903 2772 7972 | NID: Bskiffington | PSN: Scrubkidskiffy
#5skermacPosted 1/13/2014 10:28:01 PM
Wait until Titanfall is out before you buy, no good games before then.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#6WinnsockPosted 1/13/2014 10:45:56 PM
I own all the games you listed except for Crimson Dragon and they're all fun. If you have the money to blow, absolutely get each if them. Don't get Forza if you don't like sim racers, but I do like it and I've played it the most out of all my Xbox One games.
---
GT: Winnsock
#7BiggyDXPosted 1/13/2014 11:05:23 PM
With regards to next-gen games, Forza 5 (Racing), Killer Instinct (Fighting) and Dead Rising 3 (Action/Horror) will probably give you the most replay value. From what I hear, they're pretty fun to play. Ryse seems to give more of cinematic experience but people seem to think its a hit or miss in terms of gameplay. I haven't heard much about Crimson Dragon, so I can't give an opinion on it.

If you haven't played these games yet on the current gen consoles, you could also pick up the next gen ports of Battlefield 4/CoD: Ghost (FPS) - depending on your preference - and Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag (Action/Open-World). Battlefield 4 allows for more players in multiplayer (up to 64), while CoD: Ghost and AC4 sport better graphical quality.

If you are planning on getting it within a few months, then you'll likely want to check out Titanfall (Online-Only Action/Shooter) then. A lot of hype is surrounding the game, but a couple of recent decisions have sorta made players skeptical of its multiplayer (ie. 6vs6 players, plus 36 AI bots). There's also Thief (1st-Person/Stealth) and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Action/Stealth). So at least there's that to look forward to if you're interested in long standing franchises.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#8OEIO999Posted 1/13/2014 11:08:07 PM(edited)
fhsfootball74 posted...
Ryse looks interesting, and would certainly be a showcase to counter Killzone on my PS4.

No dude, just no. Believe me there are lot of GOOD games exclusive to X1, that should be chosen over Ryse. Ryse is the X1 equivalent of Knack, those who watch AngryJoe will know what i mean.
#9Rome218Posted 1/13/2014 11:14:23 PM
I love Ryse! I don't care what reviewers say, and I know that it is repetitive.

Why do I love it? The combat feels satisfying to me. I love to perfectly time executions to rack up a high combo. Also, unlike most games, this is a great pick up and play game.

I can pick it up and play it for an hour, or 3. The online is fun once you get large combos.

The game is just a simple beat'em up. I think too many review sites focused on what the game wasn't, instead of what the game is. It's a good ol fashion beat'em up with the style of Batman:AA and Sleeping Dogs, except you play as a Roman soldier. The story line is awesome.

Yeah, it is a good showcase in graphics too.
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/168/1689536/2348446-ibwkatlbiilev3.gif
#10Rome218Posted 1/13/2014 11:23:39 PM
OEIO999 posted...
fhsfootball74 posted...

No dude, just no. Believe me there are lot of GOOD games exclusive to X1, that should be chosen over Ryse. Ryse is the X1 equivalent of Knack, those who watch AngryJoe will know what i mean.

Have you played it? Angry Joe showed two minutes of it and said he found it boring. He was still in the beginning of the game from the footage I saw. He did not even know how to shoot the turret to kill the enemies charging in.

He put absolutely no effort into that. I was disappointed he didn't just give it a review. I haven't played Knack, but Ryse gets a lot of love from people who enjoy brawlers.