One thing I don't like about Titanfall not having single player.

#1HelmesSeiferPosted 1/14/2014 10:05:19 AM
It doesn't give me a chance to learn how to play the game. I rarely finish FPS campaigns, but I usually play them a bit just to get an idea of how to play. Controlling robots and mechs is going to take some getting use to and I would like to learn without getting my ass handed to me. This is especially disheartening being that Titanfall is a new franchise. With COD a campaign is never needed to learn how to play since COD is basically the same thing every year with a few minor changes. Just my two cents. Other than that I hope Titanfall offers something different and exciting since I am so burnt out on COD.
---
Xbox live: CaptainMiles
PSN: AdmiralMiles
#2grampamurkedPosted 1/14/2014 10:19:57 AM
I haven't finished a shooter campaign in years. They are boring to me. Im glad they put the focus on the legs of the game.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: H8laggers
#3BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 1/14/2014 10:22:49 AM
If you plan on playing day one everyone will be learning the game together so no troubles there, but i do agree with your point. Times like this a beta would be nice to get the feel for the game and gives the developers the opportunity to collect data and adjust the game prior to launch.
#4TrueBlue91Posted 1/14/2014 10:24:02 AM
grampamurked posted...
I haven't finished a shooter campaign in years. They are boring to me. Im glad they put the focus on the legs of the game.

But where's the body?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#5SigmaLongshotPosted 1/14/2014 10:24:42 AM
I will definitely say that I enjoy single player FPS story modes, though more and more these days they tend to be "token gestures", cookie-cutter "Follow the Man Adventures" added to appease those who bemoan games lacking a single-player component; the irony, of course, is that the same people that say "who buys these games for the single player, anyway?!?" are often the same ones who berate and contest games that don't include them.

But I personally do enjoy a good FPS story mode. That said, I'd never auto-veto a game for choosing to focus on a solely-online experience - I had a great time with the likes of Shadowrun and Frontlines on my 360 last generation.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#6Strav23Posted 1/14/2014 10:26:52 AM
I might have a tutorial mode, that seems most likely.
#7dnmtPosted 1/14/2014 10:31:48 AM
Well most of the players on any given server will be AI bots so you'll have plenty of target practice, lol.
#8Goregasm17Posted 1/14/2014 10:34:17 AM
Is this really a big deal? I hate story modes, I only play games for their multiplayer value. I'm a competitive gamer and I'd rather be killing real players, than NPC bots. CoD sucks.
#9TBONE_OGPosted 1/14/2014 10:59:43 AM
Strav23 posted...
It might have a tutorial mode, that seems most likely.

This.
---
Always O.G.
#10DjnarduPosted 1/14/2014 11:01:10 AM
But if everyone is in the same boat starting out than everyone is learning the game at the outset..

Even games that "teach" you through the single player have you at a disadvantage vs people already playing online because they likely already know the map better, weapons placements, spawns, etc.

Regardless how the game if setup you will always be at a slight disadvantage to a person who has already played the game.
---
PS4 - Xbox One- PC
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690