What is the appeal of Titanfall?

#1Wii_TruthPosted 1/14/2014 2:11:53 PM
"yay I have a jetpack and can run on walls! Is that seriously it?
#2EllesarienPosted 1/14/2014 2:14:26 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
"yay I have a jetpack and can run on walls! Is that seriously it?

Yep...That's it. You solved the puzzle Sherlock!!
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#3blitz_0623Posted 1/14/2014 2:14:46 PM
Uhh Mechs? The fact that the creators of MW1 and MW2, the 2 best CoD games, are behind it?
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#4Sith JediPosted 1/14/2014 2:15:44 PM
What's the appeal of making pointless topics?
#5Wii_Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 2:16:43 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
Uhh Mechs? The fact that the creators of MW1 and MW2, the 2 best CoD games, are behind it?

Yeah, I forgot mechs. Excuse me...

"yay I can run on walls and drive robots!" How revolutionary.
#6EllesarienPosted 1/14/2014 2:19:20 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Just a protip here :

Someone with "Wii" in their name probably shouldn't mock another game/console for it's lack of a revolutionary premise.

I guess enjoy your Zelda XVII and Mario XXXIII
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#7Wii_Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 2:22:19 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Wii_Truth posted...
blitz_0623 posted...

Just a protip here :

Someone with "Wii" in their name probably shouldn't mock another game/console for it's lack of a revolutionary premise.

I guess enjoy your Zelda XVII and Mario XXXIII

you sound butthurt
#8bessy67Posted 1/14/2014 2:22:24 PM
You don't like online shooters? Cool, no one said you have to. But a lot of people do enjoy them. Is it really that hard to understand that not everyone shares the same preferences as you?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#9regsantotomasPosted 1/14/2014 2:23:33 PM
Stop being a wet blanket about what other people enjoy. Any genre can be marginalized:

"Yay, I forgot my memory and have to grind until I level up to the final boss"

"Yay, I have to jump from this platform to that one"

"Yay, I get to drive a car around this track. Weeee"

"Yay, I am a fighter with unrealistic skills"

and so on
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#10crucialPosted 1/14/2014 2:24:19 PM
Main reason is just by watching gameplay just makes me want to play it,and play it a lot,it had over 60 E3 awards and was the number one game at E3 and was the most played,people waited hours just to play it for a few minutes it was that fun,and last but not least the original IW is making it who made the best MP on consoles ever in MW1 and MW2 and there main goal is to dethrone CoD which needs to happen since EA failed at it with BF4,and I love how they put all there focus into MP which I love,who cares about a 5 hour SP campaign I will never play after a few days with it.

And it's a new IP as well which this industry needs a lot of.