Played with an Xbox One today...I'm convinced.

#1nizam216Posted 1/14/2014 2:34:31 PM(edited)
While I have gotten many lulz off of trolling Xbox fans on YouTube, message boards, and forums, I never got a chance to actually play one.

I have not upgraded yet but I was pretty much sold on the PS4 (or so I thought), I mean I have a Vita (and PS3), I have a PlayStation Plus subscription payed up for almost two years, and I have heard good things about Remote Play for the most part, which I am in a position to take advantage of. I had the original Xbox and loved it, I had an Xbox 360 but I was lured away by PlayStation Plus.

Up until now I had not had a chance to play an Xbox One because none of my friends have one. GameStop had an Xbox One on display but it did not have controllers attached to it, I asked the manager about it and he said that Microsoft did not send them controllers for it, a couple of weeks later they had the controllers but they were not working for some reason, today when I walked in a guy was playing so I waited behind him, when he I picked up the controller and lo and behold, I have never had a controller feel so good in my hands! It was like a perfect female bottom that fit the contours of my hands...seriously it felt good, I could see myself gaming on it for an hour or so without my hands getting cramped or strained, and it felt like a lot of thought and care was put into it. The game that I played was Forza Motorsport, I sucked at it but I enjoyed myself and I can see the appeal of it.

I am now colored interested in what Microsoft has to offer in the console space and I may very well be getting in the near future. Greatness Awaits indeed.
#2CKnightPosted 1/14/2014 2:38:02 PM
Colored interest?

Anyway I think a lot of people never played the console and simply bash it because its not their personal console of choice.

While playing it, did you get the impression it was a gaming console first and that everything was extra?
#3Lawboy2Posted 1/14/2014 2:38:32 PM
Congratulations TC
#4Ironman06Posted 1/14/2014 2:48:41 PM
nizam216 posted...
While I have gotten many lulz off of trolling Xbox fans on YouTube, message boards, and forums, I never got a chance to actually play one.

I have not upgraded yet but I was pretty much sold on the PS4 (or so I thought), I mean I have a Vita (and PS3), I have a PlayStation Plus subscription payed up for almost two years, and I have heard good things about Remote Play for the most part, which I am in a position to take advantage of. I had the original Xbox and loved it, I had an Xbox 360 but I was lured away by PlayStation Plus.

Up until now I had not had a chance to play an Xbox One because none of my friends have one. GameStop had an Xbox One on display but it did not have controllers attached to it, I asked the manager about it and he said that Microsoft did not send them controllers for it, a couple of weeks later they had the controllers but they were not working for some reason, today when I walked in a guy was playing so I waited behind him, when he I picked up the controller and lo and behold, I have never had a controller feel so good in my hands! It was like a perfect female bottom that fit the contours of my hands...seriously it felt good, I could see myself gaming on it for an hour or so without my hands getting cramped or strained, and it felt like a lot of thought and care was put into it. The game that I played was Forza Motorsport, I sucked at it but I enjoyed myself and I can see the appeal of it.

I am now colored interested in what Microsoft has to offer in the console space and I may very well be getting in the near future. Greatness Awaits indeed.

Out of curiosity, how are butts shaped that you're grabbing? Cause my girlfriend's looks nothing like an Xbox One controller. That being said, I agree. It's a great controller.
#5nizam216(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 2:51:21 PM
CKnight posted...

While playing it, did you get the impression it was a gaming console first and that everything was extra?

Of course! I am not one of those guys who looks at additional features and suggest that it is not focused on the main feature to convey that it is somehow a bad thing. That said when I took a look at the dashboard everything was well laid out and it made me want to delve into the extras to see what all was there.
#6Juzten76Posted 1/14/2014 2:53:17 PM
I owned both the PS1 and PS2, and my hands would always cramp after extended play. Same with most Nintendo controllers. However, I've never had that problem with any Xbox controllers. Of course, that would never stop me from buying a Nintendo or Sony console again, but I do wish they'd make their controllers for people that don't have the hands of a child.
#7RebelGameMasterPosted 1/14/2014 2:54:27 PM
Kook-aid storytime broker
---
THE XBONE: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/576/502/388.jpg
#8SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/16/2014 2:08:28 PM
Juzten76 posted...
I owned both the PS1 and PS2, and my hands would always cramp after extended play. Same with most Nintendo controllers. However, I've never had that problem with any Xbox controllers. Of course, that would never stop me from buying a Nintendo or Sony console again, but I do wish they'd make their controllers for people that don't have the hands of a child.

Pretty good post i can agree with. Xbox one is the best controller I can think of.
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Killzone: Shadow Fall, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#9chex81Posted 1/16/2014 2:20:34 PM
I have yet to try an Xbone or ps4, although a couple of my friends got an Xbone but havent had the chance to go over an try it out. I did get a chance to hold the PS4 controller, man did that help solidify my decision to get a ONE over PS4 in the future. Man, everyone says DS4 is much better than DS3...i didnt feel a major difference.
---
gt/psn: chex81
#10nizam216(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 10:08:38 PM
chex81 posted...
I have yet to try an Xbone or ps4, although a couple of my friends got an Xbone but havent had the chance to go over an try it out. I did get a chance to hold the PS4 controller, man did that help solidify my decision to get a ONE over PS4 in the future. Man, everyone says DS4 is much better than DS3...i didnt feel a major difference.

The DS4 is definitely better than the DS3 but it feels cheap and uninspired compared to the Xbox One controller.