The play and charge kit is a good investment, I recommend it.

#1Jedi454Posted 1/14/2014 2:47:33 PM
So I bought one the other week and so far it's been a beauty. I have it connected for a few hours or so and the controller now works the same as DS3/4, the battery life is incredible with the play and charge kit, I think I got around 10-15 hours of gameplay with it, so it blows the DS3/4's charge life out of the water.

Also the cord is fairly lengthy too, so I can play wired from the couch a few metres away with no problem.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#2liquidblue4Posted 1/14/2014 3:11:55 PM
Not really. 10 - 15 hours is trash. My 360 play and charge would last for weeks of gaming 40 hours+ easy.
They play and charge for Xbox One dies constantly, it's ridiculous. It doesnt help that you never know when the controller is dying until it's gone.
Other than the party system and incredibly sensitive voice commands, the P&C battery life and controller notifications are my only other complaints.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#3Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:26:41 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
Not really. 10 - 15 hours is trash. My 360 play and charge would last for weeks of gaming 40 hours+ easy.
They play and charge for Xbox One dies constantly, it's ridiculous. It doesnt help that you never know when the controller is dying until it's gone.
Other than the party system and incredibly sensitive voice commands, the P&C battery life and controller notifications are my only other complaints.

If you can't put your controller on charge every 10-15 hours, you cannot call yourself a real gamer.
---
#4liquidblue4Posted 1/14/2014 3:43:14 PM
Did you just attempt to be clever without thinking it through or what?

Read this really slow so you understand it this time.

When I can play for over 40 hours without recharging it's pretty disappointing when I can now only play for 10 to 15 before I have to recharge.

Also, considering that my gamerscore epeen is 8x more than yours I think I might play a little more than you do.
---
#5Sith JediPosted 1/14/2014 4:00:07 PM
The Nyko kit is a better investment.
#6Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 5:17:18 PM
liquidblue4 posted...

When I can play for over 40 hours without recharging it's pretty disappointing when I can now only play for 10 to 15 before I have to recharge.

Also, considering that my gamerscore epeen is 8x more than yours I think I might play a little more than you do.

Gamerscore or not, saying you can't get up and plug your controller in after a period of time after gaming is laziness. I had rechargeable AA's for years, but I just got sick of having to replace them so frequently, then letting them charge. The play and charge kit works in favour for people because you play and let it charge at the same time. 10-15 hours may not seem like a lot, but it's a step up from batteries.
---
#7aszsithPosted 1/14/2014 5:47:43 PM
I got one on Day One with my second controller (the bundle pack). 3 days later I got the Energizer charging stand and haven't used the Play and Charge since.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/energizer-microsoft-licensed-energizer-2x-charging-system-for-xbox-one-black/2756073.p?id=1219076961003&skuId=2756073

Since then, I've had to charge my main controller maybe 3 or 4 times. I usually play anywhere from 20-40 hours a week, depending on workload. And since I have two, when the first one dies, I pull out the second one and throw the first on the dock.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#8bessy67Posted 1/14/2014 6:07:32 PM
I've had a charger and a set of eneloop rechargeable batteries for a little over 3 years now. I have 12 batteries; enough for two controllers, my TV remote, and my wireless mouse and keyboard plus 2 batteries in reserve for whichever thing needs a fresh pair. I probably spent $75 on the entire setup and it has been totally worth it.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#9liquidblue4Posted 1/14/2014 6:11:45 PM
Jedi454 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...

Gamerscore or not, saying you can't get up and plug your controller in after a period of time after gaming is laziness. I had rechargeable AA's for years, but I just got sick of having to replace them so frequently, then letting them charge. The play and charge kit works in favour for people because you play and let it charge at the same time. 10-15 hours may not seem like a lot, but it's a step up from batteries.

And it's a step down from the 360 P&C kit in terms of battery time.

Honestly though I don't think it's completely the fault of the charger, but of the headset eating away at battery life.
---
#10Pixx0Posted 1/14/2014 8:23:59 PM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
So I bought one the other week and so far it's been a beauty. I have it connected for a few hours or so and the controller now works the same as DS3/4, the battery life is incredible with the play and charge kit, I think I got around 10-15 hours of gameplay with it, so it blows the DS3/4's charge life out of the water.

Also the cord is fairly lengthy too, so I can play wired from the couch a few metres away with no problem.

Nice try, but it's overall just bs and you know it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DualShock
" Its main power source is an internal 3.7 V Li-ion battery with a tentatively capable of storing 570 mAh, which provides up to 30 hours of continuous gaming on a full charge"

good luck with your glorious 10/15 hours, supplied by extra money (hahahahah)

edit: even the 360 charge packs were lasting MUCH longer! It would be 10/15 with a built-in battery, why not. Paying extra for this kind of performance? Laughable
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.