Respawn responds to outcry about player limits on Xbox One exclusive Titanfall

#1skermacPosted 1/14/2014 2:53:39 PM
Makes sense to me.

"Respawn Entertainment genuinely wants to hear why gamers have been so upset with the player limits of Xbox One exclusive Titanfall being set to 12 gamers, according to a report today from GameSpot.

Answering questions after posting to NeoGAF, Titanfall producer Drew McCoy responded to one user’s query about why Respawn limited the game to 6v6 instead of at least giving an option of 64-player games.

“What about high player counts makes that more fun, though?” McCoy asked. “I honestly want to know, because this kind of stuff is super important and we obsess over it every day.”

The same user pointed out that in other multiplayer games having a higher player count allows for more variables in gameplay, which McCoy in all earnest took as a constructive criticism of Titanfall.

“If having more people is just core to what you expect for fun, then I guess that's it," McCoy said. "That said, this is a multiplayer game, and we do plan on supporting it, adding to it, and making it better. Player feedback is something we crave, and want to do things based on.”

Though Titanfall players will only be able to play with 11 of their friends, the game will feature up to 48 combatants when you factor in AI characters, according to the report."

http://www.examiner.com/article/respawn-responds-to-outcry-about-player-limits-on-xbox-one-exclusive-titanfall
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2method115Posted 1/14/2014 2:58:01 PM
I hate when asked why they didn't even give us an option he responds to that with a question. Why wont they just answer the question straight up?
---
PSN: method114
#3KID VIDPosted 1/14/2014 2:59:46 PM
I was expecting #DealWithIt
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#4skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:02:22 PM
method115 posted...
I hate when asked why they didn't even give us an option he responds to that with a question. Why wont they just answer the question straight up?

I want to know why all 48 cant be human players, whats the difference in having bots and humans?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#5method115Posted 1/14/2014 3:04:26 PM
skermac posted...
method115 posted...

I want to know why all 48 cant be human players, whats the difference in having bots and humans?

I have no idea respawn seems to be really interactive with the community about this topic but at the same time is avoiding answering questions with solid answers.
---
PSN: method114
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 1/14/2014 3:04:38 PM
Though Titanfall players will only be able to play with 11 of their friends, the game will feature up to 48 combatants

They cry moar about 6vs6 yet most people on here don't have more than 11 friends in real life.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#7iSkadooshPosted 1/14/2014 3:10:15 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Though Titanfall players will only be able to play with 11 of their friends, the game will feature up to 48 combatants

They cry moar about 6vs6 yet most people on here don't have more than 11 friends in real life.

Is this why you attack people so much?
---
Not upset at all, just annoyed that there's absolutely no point in people like you to be on these boards other than to troll your little hearts out. - triple s
#8AarksharkPosted 1/14/2014 3:16:58 PM
The best part about this is how they keep bringing up how 6v6 is fine, and a higher player count wouldn't make the game more fun... and then they say the game is really 24vs24 if you count the AI.

C'mon son. Ain't nobody buying that junk.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#9liquidblue4Posted 1/14/2014 3:17:48 PM
skermac posted...
method115 posted...

Because the game is a FPS/MOBA. Which happens to be a fusion of the 2 most popular game genres by far mashed into one.

Also, as a side note. Can you please name 10 FPS with more than 12v12 in the history of gaming that aren't named "Battlefield"?
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#10MetroidFan9999Posted 1/14/2014 3:19:17 PM
iSkadoosh posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

Is this why you attack people so much?

I think he is saying that the people defending this, only have 11 RL friends.

Aarkshark posted...
The best part about this is how they keep bringing up how 6v6 is fine, and a higher player count wouldn't make the game more fun... and then they say the game is really 24vs24 if you count the AI.

C'mon son. Ain't nobody buying that junk.

This.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif