I think Xbone is a great nickname for the One

#11bgwilly255Posted 1/14/2014 3:03:45 PM
GRU_Commander posted...
Hey bgwilly, relax would you, this is a topic for discussion, its not about bashing the system or pretending its the holy grail.

I'm old enough to also be a Veteran, US Army 2002-2006 I'll tell you what a 14 Tango is if you tell me what a 0844 is.

0844 is Fire Direction Control. We use maps to plot enemy locations then send fire orders to the gun line so that the Howitzers know where to fire artillery to. 14t is a PATRIOT operator. I knew a few guys from Ft. Sill that had said MOS.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#12GRU_Commander(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:08:48 PM
I did my basic at Sill.
---
PSN: achillies_ny
Go faq yourself
#13bgwilly255Posted 1/14/2014 3:13:37 PM
GRU_Commander posted...
I did my basic at Sill.

I was at Sill from October to January and it was the coldest I've ever been in my entire life. Wind chill of -40 .. I'll never again go there.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#14Def_S0ulPosted 1/14/2014 4:01:16 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I'm a fan of the nickname, and proud owner of an Xbone.

Major Nelson (Larry Hryb) didn't like that name though because it sounds like an insult. A fitting name though for the things they tried to pull before and during its reveal.
#15SilmarnirPosted 1/16/2014 5:58:26 AM
GRU_Commander posted...
IDK I just love boners.
#16AnotherSomebodyPosted 1/16/2014 7:13:08 AM
I have and enjoy an Xbox One and I very seldom call it anything other than "Xbone" or "The Bone". It's catchy as hell. There's nothing insulting about it, and if there was should anyone care? The machine doesn't have feelings, and if you are that empathetic that you find yourself burdened with insults levelled at a machine you had no hand in creating...well that's just very very sad.
---
MAKIN' BACON PANCAKES
#17prozac786Posted 1/16/2014 8:39:53 AM
AnotherSomebody posted...
I have and enjoy an Xbox One and I very seldom call it anything other than "Xbone" or "The Bone". It's catchy as hell. There's nothing insulting about it, and if there was should anyone care? The machine doesn't have feelings, and if you are that empathetic that you find yourself burdened with insults levelled at a machine you had no hand in creating...well that's just very very sad.

An Xboner with intelligence...!

Lol sorry couldn't resist. Post makes a lot of sense though
---
PSN Prozac786
#18DeadCeIIScoutPosted 1/16/2014 8:40:57 AM
It should be called Neo "The One"
---
"Xbox on." "Xbox, reassure me of my purchase."
http://images.latinospost.com/data/images/full/22543/amazon-poll.jpg?w=600
#19Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/16/2014 8:46:09 AM
It's ridiculous.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#20GRU_Commander(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 12:46:08 PM
Now I have Matrix lines stuck in my head =/

Side question, can you tailor the commands to your liking? I worked at a warehouse for awhile putting together pallets of food for supermarkets and they used a headset with voice commands for order selection and verification, but you could change the words to anything and after "training" with said commands for voice recognition(and shorten time spent talking therefore increasing production and it was important due to being paid 8cents a box)

Xbox Boner GO!
---
PSN: achillies_ny
Go faq yourself