What's with all the Ryse hate?

#1AshWilliams78Posted 1/14/2014 4:04:15 PM
Been having a blast with it since I started playing it this morning. I know it's short but I'd rather play a short good game then a long boring one.

Here's hoping for a sequel.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#2Exodus_PrimePosted 1/14/2014 4:08:49 PM
I'm hoping for a sequel myself, the multplayer is fun.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#3Rome218Posted 1/14/2014 4:09:34 PM
A lot of people have come to the defense of Ryse. Too many people love the game for every reviewer to give it a negative score.

Beat'em ups in general seem get poor reviews, mainly because they have repetitive combat. I think that mainly sums it up.

I am not saying it's true, but I think because Sony's launch was so poor, reviewers had to make sure there was at least one xbox launch game that got a poor review too, so they wouldn't offend Sony fans.

This game got railroaded. I also find it odd that sites like IGN doesn't want to just say Ryse is the best looking game out on consoles at the moment. They want to try to be neutral.

Gamesradar is the only site that gave this a fair review, the final score was 3 and a half stars. At least the reviewer, who said he played just about every new game, including Killzone, feels that Ryse has the best graphics.

It isn't the graphics that makes the game addictive to me.
#4Webmaster4531Posted 1/14/2014 4:09:59 PM
Dynasty Warriors is way better.
---
Ad Hominem.
#5goatthiefPosted 1/14/2014 4:13:13 PM(edited)
Because it sucks. The single player is boring and does not try to change it up at all. The multiplayer is a gongshow. It was not a good pick for launch title.
---
Please visit 261, the gamefaqs politics board so you can become more informed about the process before voting.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 1/14/2014 4:13:46 PM
Rome218 posted...
A lot of people have come to the defense of Ryse. Too many people love the game for every reviewer to give it a negative score.

Beat'em ups in general seem get poor reviews, mainly because they have repetitive combat. I think that mainly sums it up.

I am not saying it's true, but I think because Sony's launch was so poor, reviewers had to make sure there was at least one xbox launch game that got a poor review too, so they wouldn't offend Sony fans.

This game got railroaded. I also find it odd that sites like IGN doesn't want to just say Ryse is the best looking game out on consoles at the moment. They want to try to be neutral.

Gamesradar is the only site that gave this a fair review, the final score was 3 and a half stars. At least the reviewer, who said he played just about every new game, including Killzone, feels that Ryse has the best graphics.

It isn't the graphics that makes the game addictive to me.

I agree, I think it's funny how they never mention how it's soo similar to Assassin's Creed combat. You wait or either attack first, you counter with one button then you attack with another except in RYSE you have light and strong attacks, then you finish off your enemies with certain buttons. Whether the fanboys cry or not it is very comparable to Ass Creed combat, they just tell you you're crazy and because like you said the reviewers jumped on the wagon so it's only okay for Creed to have that combat mechanic.
---
Because I can buy both.
#7Mr_KillstreakPosted 1/14/2014 4:14:36 PM
$60 for 4 hours of repetitive QTE's, no thanks.
#8Exodus_PrimePosted 1/14/2014 4:15:37 PM
Mr_Killstreak posted...

I guess all those people who bought God Of War threw their money away huh.
---
Because I can buy both.
#9Mr_KillstreakPosted 1/14/2014 4:17:24 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Mr_Killstreak posted...

I guess all those people who bought God Of War threw their money away huh.

Yes
#10Rome218Posted 1/14/2014 4:18:55 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
Dynasty Warriors is way better.

I'm a huge Dynasty Warriors fan. I loved Warriors: Legends of Troy last gen.

However, something is satisfying for me, about the grittiness of the combat in Ryse. The rumble and sound on your controller as you block with your shield is awesome.

DW may be way better for some people, but not me. However, I have been playing DW since part 2.