What's with all the Ryse hate?

#21TBONE_OGPosted 1/14/2014 5:02:06 PM
Mr_Killstreak posted...
$60 for 4 hours of repetitive QTE's, no thanks.

Ryse has unlimited hours. It's called gladiator mode. You know, multiplayer.
---
Always O.G.
#22AzaneAzerPosted 1/14/2014 5:03:13 PM
Because Blockbuster isnt around anymore to rent you 1 sitting games for 5$.
#23bgwilly255Posted 1/14/2014 5:04:31 PM
It's a really fun game, but really short. The lack of things to do drives down the game a lot. Non destructible environment, no side quests, small amount of collectables, very little replay value, nothing to unlock. Its a fun game with good story and I'm happy I bought it, but most people want more for their $65.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#24Rome218Posted 1/14/2014 5:23:21 PM
bgwilly255 posted...
It's a really fun game, but really short. The lack of things to do drives down the game a lot. Non destructible environment, no side quests, small amount of collectables, very little replay value, nothing to unlock. Its a fun game with good story and I'm happy I bought it, but most people want more for their $65.

I say just enjoy it for what it is, and do not focus on what it isn't. It's a brawler.

For their 65 dollars, there is a ton of production value. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I paid 50, but I would have happily paid 60.

I always loved beat'em up games. I loved the combat in DW, AC(I know I made a comparison but I still enjoyed it), Batman:AA.

Also, I have a ton of co-op arcade beat'em ups. :P Scott Pilgrim, Charlie Murder(So underrated), Double Dragon Neon(So awesome, even the soundtrack), Castle Crashers.. and I can't think of any on the top of my head.

I grew up loving games like Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Ninja Turtles, etc.
#25thisispurecrapPosted 1/14/2014 7:42:06 PM
Best game since RAGE
---
Tactics Ogre (snes) > any other game out there.
#26aj4x94Posted 1/14/2014 8:06:28 PM
It's a glorified tech demo.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Lone Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#27DeathRupterPosted 1/14/2014 8:30:41 PM
goatthief posted...
Because it sucks. The single player is boring and does not try to change it up at all. The multiplayer is a gongshow. It was not a good pick for launch title.

I believe this and confirm this. But the TC has a point, it's a short game so it isn't too bad.
---
XBL gamertag :Ru55o
PSN: Russo_316
#28Bikes-Posted 1/14/2014 8:54:04 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Rome218 posted...
A lot of people have come to the defense of Ryse. Too many people love the game for every reviewer to give it a negative score.

Beat'em ups in general seem get poor reviews, mainly because they have repetitive combat. I think that mainly sums it up.

I am not saying it's true, but I think because Sony's launch was so poor, reviewers had to make sure there was at least one xbox launch game that got a poor review too, so they wouldn't offend Sony fans.

This game got railroaded. I also find it odd that sites like IGN doesn't want to just say Ryse is the best looking game out on consoles at the moment. They want to try to be neutral.

Gamesradar is the only site that gave this a fair review, the final score was 3 and a half stars. At least the reviewer, who said he played just about every new game, including Killzone, feels that Ryse has the best graphics.

It isn't the graphics that makes the game addictive to me.

I agree, I think it's funny how they never mention how it's soo similar to Assassin's Creed combat. You wait or either attack first, you counter with one button then you attack with another except in RYSE you have light and strong attacks, then you finish off your enemies with certain buttons. Whether the fanboys cry or not it is very comparable to Ass Creed combat, they just tell you you're crazy and because like you said the reviewers jumped on the wagon so it's only okay for Creed to have that combat mechanic.

Ac with just the combat would be the most boring game of all time, It's always been the series' weakest part.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#29AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 9:33:28 AM
bgwilly255 posted...

I remember the good ol days when I replayed a game not for rewards or extras but just to play it over again.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!