The Xbox One Can Do A Lot More Than You Might Think

#1TBONE_OGPosted 1/14/2014 5:07:59 PM
Advanced Xbox One tricks, like miracasting your Surface tablets, using wireless keyboards, using Spotify, playing HTML 5 games, setting up broadcast TV, and a number of other neat things

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-can-do-a-lot-more-than-you-might-think-1501411519

Still a gamer's console with extra bells and whistles.
---
Always O.G.
#2aszsithPosted 1/14/2014 6:18:13 PM
I just finished reading this article before heading over here. Some of that is pretty neat.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 9:59:44 PM
For the night crowd.
---
Always O.G.
#4brutalhitsPosted 1/14/2014 10:01:12 PM
But Can They Capitalize Every Word?
#5CaIiber345Posted 1/14/2014 10:09:59 PM
Lol.
---
A GameFAQS Troll attacked for +12 damage!
"Just ignore them. They can't understand your Nintendo brain." --Universquall
#61nternationa7Posted 1/14/2014 10:10:55 PM
Can it cool water and launch rockets?
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#7Reflex-ArcPosted 1/14/2014 10:12:16 PM
Apparently they also look rather dapper in a nice hat.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#8Laylow12Posted 1/14/2014 10:26:40 PM(edited)
It looks like a poorly done remake of the $99 Apple TV which does the same things and more and much better in glorious 1080p full HD.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

Do you ever notice that Microsoft never arrives at an idea on their own creation. We have Zune which was a failed clone of ITunes (Apple). Surface which is a failed clone of Ipad (Apple), its still around but not selling. KINECT which is a failed clone of motion controls (Nintendo).

Now they roll out this on the XBOX ONE like its some incredible new tech when Apple TV does all that, has all the apps like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc.. But doesn't charge you a subscription fee on top of your fee for using the app (example Netflix). Everything's free, just buy the thing for $99 and there you go. iPads can run anything on your TV screen, games, books, office software, mirror image, all that "amazing" stuff for $99.

It's mind blowing how Microsoft can't come up with anything to interest anyone without stealing tech from other companies and i believe it shows in the design of the XBOX ONE.

EDIT: forgot to mention. I can use my phone on it too. I bring it and the tiny Apple TV to my wife's parents house and stream Netflix on their TV. Fits in a coat pocket and no pay wall and 1080p!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#9aszsithPosted 1/14/2014 10:22:04 PM
brutalhits posted...

Obviously you do not understand that is actually the grammatically correct way to title something. I for one applaud the TC for not being lazy and for following proper format.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#10TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 10:31:44 PM
aszsith posted...
brutalhits posted...

Obviously you do not understand that is actually the grammatically correct way to title something. I for one applaud the TC for not being lazy and for following proper format.

I don't deserve credit nor criticism. I just copied and pasted the article title.
---
Always O.G.