The Xbox One Can Do A Lot More Than You Might Think

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox One Can Do A Lot More Than You Might Think
2 years ago#41
Apparently Apple TV is a video game console now. I can't wait to get The Witcher 3 on it and play it at 1080p!! I take back what I said and I hope no feelings were hurt. I'm selling my Xbox One and getting Apple TV!
2 years ago#42
Laylow12 posted...
extanker posted...
Laylow12 posted...
It looks like a poorly done remake of the $99 Apple TV which does the same things and more and much better in glorious 1080p full HD.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

Do you ever notice that Microsoft never arrives at an idea on their own creation. We have Zune which was a failed clone of ITunes (Apple). Surface which is a failed clone of Ipad (Apple), its still around but not selling. KINECT which is a failed clone of motion controls (Nintendo).

Now they roll out this on the XBOX ONE like its some incredible new tech when Apple TV does all that, has all the apps like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc.. But doesn't charge you a subscription fee on top of your fee for using the app (example Netflix). Everything's free, just buy the thing for $99 and there you go. iPads can run anything on your TV screen, games, books, office software, mirror image, all that "amazing" stuff for $99.

It's mind blowing how Microsoft can't come up with anything to interest anyone without stealing tech from other companies and i believe it shows in the design of the XBOX ONE.

EDIT: forgot to mention. I can use my phone on it too. I bring it and the tiny Apple TV to my wife's parents house and stream Netflix on their TV. Fits in a coat pocket and no pay wall and 1080p!

So by your logic, Ford would be the only company using assembly lines, Bell Telephone would be the only phone company and light bulbs would only be made by some descendant of Thomas Edison. There is nothing wrong with taking existing ideas and integrating them into a product to entice potential customers.

Microsoft never claimed they invented any of these things, they just put their spin on the ideas. I don't know about you, but I think it's a good thing to have alternatives. (the Zune was actually pretty cool, my ex had one, but it didn't have a piece of fruit stamped on the back so it was never going to last)

I never said they couldn't steal technology from anyone. They have done it over and over again. Im saying they're not any good at it and the XBOX ONE is a reflection of that.

How are they not good at it? The Surface actually gets good reviews and I can attest that the Zune was a good product as well. Apple is just too entrenched in the public's mind to allow for real competition. The Kinect, well, you either like it or you don't, but it's definitely not a failure. It still works just fine and even I'm enjoying some of the simpler features of the 2.0, and I hate motion controls.

I guess if anything, you could accuse them of poor marketing, but saying they are no good at implementing ideas is a stretch (Windows, anyone?). The Xbox One does most of what it is supposed to do quite well and just like any modern console at launch, bugs will be patched out. The console has only been out for two months! It sounds to me like you are one of those folks who think it's clever to spell Microsoft with a dollar sign instead of an 'S'...
2 years ago#43
Great thread from TC. =)
I'd ignore Laylow. He's not a Sony fanboy. We used to be friends on here from meeting on an xbox 360 game. I got tired of his ramblings here and called him out for being a troll.

I just learned to laugh at him.
2 years ago#44
Rome218 posted...
Great thread from TC. =)
I'd ignore Laylow. He's not a Sony fanboy. We used to be friends on here from meeting on an xbox 360 game. I got tired of his ramblings here and called him out for being a troll.

Oh yeah, he's a troll and a terrible one at that. His jimmies are all kinds of rustled.
2 years ago#45
Laylow12 posted...
It looks like a poorly done remake of the $99 Roku which does the same things and more and much better in glorious 1080p full HD.

http://www.roku.com/roku-vs-appletv/

Do you ever notice that Apple never arrives at an idea on their own creation. We have iTunes which was a successful clone of Napster (Apple). iPad which is a less productive clone of Courier(Microsoft), its still around but not innovating. KINECT which is an interesting take on motion controls (Sega Activator) with increasing commercial applications.

Now they roll out this on the Apple TV like its some incredible new tech when Roku does all that, has all the apps like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc.. But doesn't charge you a subscription fee on top of your fee for using the app (example Netflix). Everything's free, just buy the thing for $99 and there you go. iPads can run anything on your TV screen, games, books, office software, mirror image, all that "amazing" stuff for $99 (less a $300 fee for acquiring an iPad 2).

It's mind blowing how Apple can't come up with anything to interest anyone without stealing tech from other companies and i believe it shows in the design of the iProducts.

---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
2 years ago#46
Rome218 posted...
Great thread from TC. =)

I thought i was on ignore? I knew you were still stalking me, you just couldn't help yourself. =)

Are you going to talk about the topic or just peek out from under the bridge hurl a rock or two and go back to hiding?

The topic is about how the XBOX ONE can steal tech from Apple without any innovation of their own. Got something to say? Didn't think so, Lol.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
(message deleted)
2 years ago#48
also This.

SteelTooth posted...
Laylow12 posted...
It looks like a poorly done remake of the $99 Roku which does the same things and more and much better in glorious 1080p full HD.

http://www.roku.com/roku-vs-appletv/

Do you ever notice that Apple never arrives at an idea on their own creation. We have iTunes which was a successful clone of Napster (Apple). iPad which is a less productive clone of Courier(Microsoft), its still around but not innovating. KINECT which is an interesting take on motion controls (Sega Activator) with increasing commercial applications.

Now they roll out this on the Apple TV like its some incredible new tech when Roku does all that, has all the apps like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc.. But doesn't charge you a subscription fee on top of your fee for using the app (example Netflix). Everything's free, just buy the thing for $99 and there you go. iPads can run anything on your TV screen, games, books, office software, mirror image, all that "amazing" stuff for $99 (less a $300 fee for acquiring an iPad 2).

It's mind blowing how Apple can't come up with anything to interest anyone without stealing tech from other companies and i believe it shows in the design of the iProducts.
2 years ago#49
Its funny how a topic about nifty features that the XBOne can perform somehow turns into an "Everything Microsoft makes is complete crap" argument. Why do people get so emotional about consumer products? It's literally just stuff made of plastic and metal and glass.

I honestly feel bad for anyone who has that much disdain for a corporation. I mean, it's one thing to hate all large corporations on principal, but to single out a specific one is just kinda sad. Unless that corporation is directly responsible for the death of a loved one or something. The families of those Chinese Apple employees who killed themselves have reason to possibly hate Apple, but even then the employees took action. Apple didn't place them in front a firing squad.

The point is, why harbor such abject hatred towards a business? You don't like their products or policies? Okay. There are similar products available from other companies if you prefer. But it is completely ridiculous to get all emotional about it.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
2 years ago#50
There`s a legion of these guys who do this all day every day on here and have been doing it for months. Anything negative they can do they do. They think they`re invisible as well - like you haven`t noticed their name on posts attacking and making fun of the Xbox and Microsoft over and over. Fools.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox One Can Do A Lot More Than You Might Think

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived