installing games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. installing games

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
3 years ago#1
Holy pooperton does it really take this long to install a game? Took about 30minutes for PowerStar Golf and BF4 is looking like it will take a decade.
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
How Bout Them Denver Broncos!!

User Info: aszsith

aszsith
3 years ago#2
Digital Download?
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.

RS_YELARAKA
3 years ago#3
PowerStar yes

BF4 no

User Info: sharksfan7

sharksfan7
3 years ago#4
It does take a very long time, even for discs. I believe the system downloads any title updates before it actually starts to install the game, so that's why most game installs stay stuck at 0% for a while. They tend to speed up significantly after the first 20% or so.
PSN: The_IceisRight , XBL: skelly415 , 3DS FC: 1521-2854-5997

RS_YELARAKA
3 years ago#5
sharksfan7 posted...
It does take a very long time, even for discs. I believe the system downloads any title updates before it actually starts to install the game, so that's why most game installs stay stuck at 0% for a while. They tend to speed up significantly after the first 20% or so.
Man I hope so :/
Thanks for the feedback at least I know this is normal.

User Info: aszsith

aszsith
3 years ago#6
My solution for disc games: I disconnect from the Internet while installing games. This allows the XBOne to install the game without trying to download and install the updates at the same time. Then I reconnect and install the updates.
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. installing games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived