installing games

#1RS_YELARAKAPosted 1/14/2014 4:48:05 PM
Holy pooperton does it really take this long to install a game? Took about 30minutes for PowerStar Golf and BF4 is looking like it will take a decade.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
How Bout Them Denver Broncos!!
#2aszsithPosted 1/14/2014 4:48:48 PM
Digital Download?
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3RS_YELARAKA(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 4:50:53 PM
PowerStar yes

BF4 no
---
#4sharksfan7Posted 1/14/2014 4:54:38 PM
It does take a very long time, even for discs. I believe the system downloads any title updates before it actually starts to install the game, so that's why most game installs stay stuck at 0% for a while. They tend to speed up significantly after the first 20% or so.
---
PSN: The_IceisRight , XBL: skelly415 , 3DS FC: 1521-2854-5997
#5RS_YELARAKA(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 4:56:37 PM
sharksfan7 posted...
It does take a very long time, even for discs. I believe the system downloads any title updates before it actually starts to install the game, so that's why most game installs stay stuck at 0% for a while. They tend to speed up significantly after the first 20% or so.
Man I hope so :/
Thanks for the feedback at least I know this is normal.
---
#6aszsithPosted 1/14/2014 5:00:53 PM
My solution for disc games: I disconnect from the Internet while installing games. This allows the XBOne to install the game without trying to download and install the updates at the same time. Then I reconnect and install the updates.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.