Why does this system get so hot?

#1aray48Posted 1/15/2014 12:01:14 AM
I just noticed it last night. I turned the Xbox One on, started Netflix and decided to feel the console with my hand. "NOPE." Turned the system off and watched a movie on Netflix on PS4, and even after the movie ended the temperature was not nearly as hot as the One was when I first turned it on.

Wut. The Xbox One has way more vents and the power supply is even outside the system. By logic, it shouldn't get that hot. The PS4 vents are lesser and smaller yet the air coming out is way less hot.

inb4ps4fanboy

Legit pondering.
#2aszsithPosted 1/15/2014 12:07:04 AM
The irony here is that heat tests have been done with sophisticated equipment and the PS4 is actually the hotter of the two systems by a good 40 degrees. Still, neither got anywhere near temps that should cause concern.

http://www.planetextech.com/profiles/blogs/playstation-4-thermal-images
http://www.planetextech.com/profiles/blogs/xbox-one-thermal-images
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#3LostOdyssey17Posted 1/15/2014 12:20:16 AM
Obvious troll post. Even after a heavy cod session my X1 feels like its been kept in a refrigerator.
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.
#4Lawboy2Posted 1/15/2014 12:23:48 AM
Who feels their system...you are obviously to close to your console
#5krystylaPosted 1/15/2014 12:26:06 AM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Obvious troll post. Even after a heavy cod session my X1 feels like its been kept in a refrigerator.

Not only that it has been tested already and PS4 gets hotter not that the PS4s temperature is of any concern
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#6aray48(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 12:35:56 AM
LostOdyssey17 posted...

Calling BS, no way it doesn't even feel at the least pretty warm.
#7CapwnDPosted 1/15/2014 12:42:21 AM
The Xbox One is more quiet and puts out less heat, both in game and in dashboard.

If you're PS4 is cooler and/or more quiet then the Xbox One, then you either have a defective PS4 or defective Xbox One.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8Hucast9Posted 1/15/2014 12:44:31 AM
LostOdyssey17 posted...

He's probably just ignorant to the fact that the Xbox One's exhaust is at the top of the system, whereas the PS4's exhaust is elsewhere.

I've read numerous topics on the PS4 board about how the PS4 sounds like a hair drier when the fan kicks into high speed. Meanwhile, I have not read 1 single topic stating that the XBox One is this noisy. PS4 is a console that gets up to 140 degrees inside the shell. This is the main reason why I wont buy a PS4 right now.
#9CapwnDPosted 1/15/2014 12:48:11 AM
Hucast9 posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...

He's probably just ignorant to the fact that the Xbox One's exhaust is at the top of the system, whereas the PS4's exhaust is elsewhere.

I've read numerous topics on the PS4 board about how the PS4 sounds like a hair drier when the fan kicks into high speed. Meanwhile, I have not read 1 single topic stating that the XBox One is this noisy. PS4 is a console that gets up to 140 degrees inside the shell. This is the main reason why I wont buy a PS4 right now.

I had to put my PS4 in the other cabinet, with the naughty consoles that make noise. My XB1 is with my Xbox Original, in the well behaved console cabinet.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#10SonyPonyTonyPosted 1/15/2014 1:22:36 AM
I like that I can't hear my xbox one, it's just so much better designed than the PS4
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA