Why does this system get so hot?

#21Hucast9Posted 1/15/2014 12:35:28 PM(edited)
aszsith posted...
BIackWind posted...
Too many damn trolls in this topic. Looks like someone activated the Troll Signal. All you trolls are ready for action.

It's fact that the Xbone is the louder, hotter, and crappier console in next gen. Be jealous.

Except that you are completely wrong. It has been proven by science, not just opinions drenched in ignorance.

http://www.planetextech.com/profiles/blogs/playstation-4-thermal-images
http://www.planetextech.com/profiles/blogs/xbox-one-thermal-images

Let's discuss something in the PS4 thermal image. It says 143 degrees "is a totaly reasonable spec". I think it's bullcrap that 143* is reasonable. I think that if these consoles still use lead free solder, then that temperature will be a problem 1-2 years from now. Who here agrees?
#22TrickyPonyPosted 1/15/2014 12:36:25 PM
The vents of my Xbox One get warm when it runs, but it's only gotten hot once, and even then it is cooler than my Xbox 360 Slim. Runs without any noise though
#23aray48(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 1:16:14 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
aray48 posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Obvious troll post. Even after a heavy cod session my X1 feels like its been kept in a refrigerator.

Calling BS, no way it doesn't even feel at the least pretty warm.

Mine was on all night - from about 8 pm and it's still on now - barely warm.

You have a defective unit - exchange it. I have had mine on sometimes 12 - 15 hours straight since launch - it's barely warm.

Ugh, great. Now I am going to get a refurbished system -_-
#24TrickyPonyPosted 1/15/2014 1:22:30 PM
aray48 posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
aray48 posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Obvious troll post. Even after a heavy cod session my X1 feels like its been kept in a refrigerator.

Calling BS, no way it doesn't even feel at the least pretty warm.

Mine was on all night - from about 8 pm and it's still on now - barely warm.

You have a defective unit - exchange it. I have had mine on sometimes 12 - 15 hours straight since launch - it's barely warm.

Ugh, great. Now I am going to get a refurbished system -_-

Maybe not. I sent my Elite 360 in for RROD repair a few years back and I received the same unit in return.
#25SacTown52Posted 1/15/2014 1:36:21 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
I like that I can't hear my xbox one, it's just so much better designed than the PS4

I LMAO when i read this and seen your name. Sony Pony. Ps4 looks way better than the chunkier xbone.
#26Reflex-ArcPosted 1/15/2014 1:40:59 PM
SacTown52 posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...
I like that I can't hear my xbox one, it's just so much better designed than the PS4

I LMAO when i read this and seen your name. Sony Pony. Ps4 looks way better than the chunkier xbone.

To each their own on that opinion. My Xbone blends in with the other gear in my media cabinet way more than my angular PS4. I prefer that, aesthetically.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#27AceJamsPosted 1/15/2014 2:19:09 PM
Hucast9 posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...

He's probably just ignorant to the fact that the Xbox One's exhaust is at the top of the system, whereas the PS4's exhaust is elsewhere.

I've read numerous topics on the PS4 board about how the PS4 sounds like a hair drier when the fan kicks into high speed. Meanwhile, I have not read 1 single topic stating that the XBox One is this noisy. PS4 is a console that gets up to 140 degrees inside the shell. This is the main reason why I wont buy a PS4 right now.

Really? That's the reason? So after all the research and people saying there are no great games out for it yet the reason you latch on to is the because of heat.... let me just say... wow
#28CapwnDPosted 1/15/2014 2:34:12 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
SacTown52 posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...

To each their own on that opinion. My Xbone blends in with the other gear in my media cabinet way more than my angular PS4. I prefer that, aesthetically.

I like the look of both. The only consoles that I kind of hate the look of is the original Xbox 360 and the first PS3 slim. I'd much rather have a 360 slim and the original PS3 or the newer PS3.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#29Reflex-ArcPosted 1/15/2014 2:49:45 PM
I don't mind the look of the PS4, but it just doesn't look as pleasing to my eye sitting in my cabinet next to the other A/V junk. It's certainly not as much of an eyesore as the old style 360.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#30SonyPonyTonyPosted 1/15/2014 2:53:46 PM
SacTown52 posted...
SonyPonyTony posted...

Cheers mate I like your name too. The noisy PS4 only draws more attention to it and makes the angular shape more displeasing to the eye. I've seen guys pause their game and ask what that sound is before realizing it's the console lol
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA