Xboxone Shorted out?

#1SkinonPosted 1/15/2014 12:31:17 AM
I was watching a plain DVD (Grave Encounters), when all of a sudden my TV, Satbox and xboxone turned off. Everything except the xbox turned back on automatically and the xbox wouldn't respond to anything until i unplugged the brick from the mains and plugged it back in....

Kinda worrying as its a dayone console with not much use. Anyone heard or experienced this before?
#2freesithPosted 1/15/2014 1:04:45 AM
Was there a lightning strike when it happened?
#3Skinon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 2:00:35 AM
Na there wasn't, it's also all plugged into a belkein surge protector. It's like there is an overload switch in the power brick that tripped?

Only watching a dvd, i have played AC4 extensively with zero issues, so i hope that it was a one-off or at least caused by something else..
#4Spetsnaz420Posted 1/15/2014 4:28:23 AM
TC there was a tread about this last week... Turns out a surge from the satellite box fried the guys xbox through the HTML pass through. He claimed to have good surge protectors as well. Best bet is to just unplug the pass through during bad wheather
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#5Skinon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 6:57:11 PM
That's weird, my satbox isn't going through my xbox anyway. Luckily it hasn't damaged the console, although the weather here was pretty good no lightening or anything. Hopefully it wont happen during a extended gaming session..
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 1/15/2014 7:06:29 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
TC there was a tread about this last week... Turns out a surge from the satellite box fried the guys xbox through the HTML pass through. He claimed to have good surge protectors as well. Best bet is to just unplug the pass through during bad wheather

The internets killed his Xbox! EEK!
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard