Those of you that can't tell a difference between 1080p and 720p

#71UpgrayedddPosted 1/19/2014 1:38:18 PM
TheBonfini posted...
Everyone can tell the difference. It's just massive downplaying the almost 50% difference in pixel density between 720 to 1080p.

Last gen MS fans notices individual blades of grass that were missing in multiplats. Suddenly they can't notice huge resolution differences. I'm skeptical.
#72enigma2274Posted 1/19/2014 3:23:38 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
"I got a 1080p television, I can't tell the difference"

So...why do you have a 1080p television, again?

You guys are hilarious.

Cause you cant really get a TV anymore that's not.

I got glasses mainly for driving to give me a little extra sharpness I do not play my games with them but cause my vision is barely enough to need them.

But like I said I play games to have fun not eye **** the resolution.

If the two similar games are running at diff resolutions but the lower one is better and funner then I choose that one.

Like someone else said a polished turd is still a turd.

One more thing and this is my opinion but Sony has only a couple franchises that are even good. God of war and infamous

So all their games can be 1080p but they will still have crap games

Obviously you didn't play the PS3's exclusives as they are miles ahead in both quality and quantity.
It's a big reason that even though PS3 came out a year later at 600$, it still caught up and just passed 360 in lifetime sales.
---
Playing: Knack, AC4, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Madden 25, Battlefield 4
PS4 ID: enigma2288 Xbox One Gamertag: enigma2274
#732ndAtomiskPosted 1/19/2014 5:21:14 PM
tadmfpole posted...
Why did you buy an 1080p TV then?

When I got my first HDTV, I just wanted an HDTV. I didn't know it was 1080p. Hadn't even heard the term before. My second one was a Christmas gift.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#74Superman070776Posted 1/19/2014 5:39:41 PM
So far, I have three full games, a few demos, and the free version of Kill Instinct. Every one of them displays as 1080p on my TV, and they all look great. If it is upscaled to 1080p, I don't care, it is still beautiful. The only people who have anything to say about it are Sony's trolls who keep beating the dead horse, even though people with the actual console have explained that it is irrelevant.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#75jumbocatPosted 1/19/2014 6:21:39 PM
ignorance is bliss I guess
---
ED
AC
#76Superman070776Posted 1/19/2014 6:30:14 PM
Laylow12 posted...
violentdissmay posted...
tadmfpole posted...
^Why did you buy an 1080p TV then?

I understand what youre saying, but arent most HDTVs at 1080p now?
It would be easy for someone to buy a 1080p tv to have a nice tv, but not really give a crap about the resolution difference between 720 and 1080.

It's hard to face the fact that you spent $500 on something that doesn't play many games in 1080p. That's why they say that they can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. It's a defense mechanism to protect the person from going crazy. Claiming you can't tell the difference is also crazy, but its still the better option than admitting you made an expensive mistake.

I didn't spend $500 for pixels. I bought a console with the games I want to play. They look great, and I have no complaints. It is amazing how many people have opinions about a console they have never had in their own living room and spent days playing. If you thing screenshots or rendered gameplayis proof, you are just showing that you don't have a clue about gaming media.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#77BabyGangsta187Posted 1/19/2014 7:05:34 PM
I own a 1080p tv, actually own 3...but anyways, I remember when saints row 1 came out switched between 720p and 1080p to see the difference, and never could tell. I have done it on most games and can't tell...

it doesn't matter though because the game I play (NBA 2k14) is 1080p / 60 fps on Xbox One !
#78FinzFan4lifePosted 1/21/2014 5:10:33 AM
enigma2274 posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
"I got a 1080p television, I can't tell the difference"

So...why do you have a 1080p television, again?

You guys are hilarious.

Cause you cant really get a TV anymore that's not.

I got glasses mainly for driving to give me a little extra sharpness I do not play my games with them but cause my vision is barely enough to need them.

But like I said I play games to have fun not eye **** the resolution.

If the two similar games are running at diff resolutions but the lower one is better and funner then I choose that one.

Like someone else said a polished turd is still a turd.

One more thing and this is my opinion but Sony has only a couple franchises that are even good. God of war and infamous

So all their games can be 1080p but they will still have crap games

Obviously you didn't play the PS3's exclusives as they are miles ahead in both quality and quantity.
It's a big reason that even though PS3 came out a year later at 600$, it still caught up and just passed 360 in lifetime sales.

Actually I own a ps3 hense I mentioned the two series I liked but obviously since you like all the games I must like them to get over yourself.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#79thehappiestEMOPosted 1/25/2014 6:53:18 PM
I play all my games on a 24" Asus gaming Monitor. And honestly, when I sit in my chair and I am 3 or so feet away from that thing, all of my games look glorious on it. I mean, even Minecraft on the PS3 is pretty damn skippy. It isn't stupid to me to say you can't tell the difference. I honestly can't tell what is running at what res on that monitor. I just know it looks nice. And with that 144mHz refresh and 1ms response time it looks crisp.

But I bet someone here is going to tell me how wrong/apologist/fanboy I am.
---
everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die
#80DEATH2SONYPosted 1/25/2014 9:12:23 PM
I have the 55" Samsung 3D Smart TV now, but even when I just had the CRT, I could tell 1080 from 720. Water or sweat on a person has a glistening look to it in 1080. Blades of grass and strands of hair stand out. 720 has a softer, less sharp look to these objects. Its why I hate the NFL on FOX. They go 720, and it looks terrible compared to a 1080 HBO boxing telecast, where you can see the sparkling sweat and water, and bloody cuts on the boxers :).
---
Before you ask about the username, I'm a reformed Sega phanatic from the Sony-Sega wars! I accept Sony now, and I even own a PSP :D!