Those of you that can't tell a difference between 1080p and 720p

#81Superman070776Posted 1/25/2014 9:15:12 PM
Please let me borrow your special eyes so I can see the magical missing pixels!!!
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#82thehappiestEMOPosted 1/26/2014 7:06:20 PM
Superman070776 posted...
Please let me borrow your special eyes so I can see the magical missing pixels!!!

I lied. Its pretty plain when I set up the PS4 on the same monitor as the One. Even Ghosts looks better by a long shot. I am not trying to troll, I love my One, but it is what it is - not as sharp as the PS4.

They're both great systems, but after seeing what it looks like with native 1080p its definitely a major difference in clarity.
---
everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die
#83SuigintouEVPosted 1/30/2014 4:30:35 PM(edited)
there is a difference.

But I find most people who complain about it only do so because they have a really crappy 1080P TV with horrible onboard upscaling.

I definitely think 720P on either of my 1080P Panasonic Plasmas still looks fine. On the 46" Plasma there is basically no argument for a higher res. On the 65" you start to notice a bit of aliasing and upscaling blur but it's nothing that particularily bothers me.

But if given the choice, of course I want the source material to be as hi-res and hi-framerate as possible.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#84scorpio manPosted 1/30/2014 4:57:09 PM
cp91 posted...
I bought a PS4 on release day, and my wife got me an Xbox One for my 40th birthday (December 31).

My tv is a 60" Samsung that I sit about 8 feet from.

I bought Ghosts for the PS4 on launch day. The other night, after a little too much to drink, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and buy the same game on the Xbox One. Even though it wasn't my smartest financial decision, I do like the controller better :)

Anyways, the graphics: there is hardly any difference. I've spent almost 48 hours on the PS4 version, so I'm pretty sure I'm now familiar with both versions.

The biggest difference that I can see is that the Xbox version is just a tiny bit grainier. In all honesty, if I was walking into my basement with someone else playing Ghosts, I wouldn't be able to tell you which version was playing.

But I do like the controller better lol.

This^^ a honest sony user
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.