Would you purchase KOTOR Anniversary Edition?

#1Ironman06Posted 1/15/2014 11:28:21 AM
It seems to be a theme that, at least at the start of this gen, we'll be seeing a lot of re-mastered versions of popular games from previous generations such as Tomb Raider DE. I've also noticed that the demand for a new KOTOR game is very much alive. So the question is, would you purchase a remastered KOTOR? Would you like to see just graphical changes, or would you like to see some of the game mechanics upgraded as well such as new force powers, abilities, etc? Would you like to see story enhancements? Finally, what would you be willing to pay for this game?

I only ask because I recently purchased the game on IOS and have fallen back in love with it. I admit though, the graphics and some of the game play is starting to feel a little dated.
#2SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 1/15/2014 11:33:04 AM
If it was KOTOR and KOTORII (with the restored content mod) then yeah...although the idea of at least a graphical remake would be nice.

Not really sure how that direct kind of gameplay has evolved since KOTOR but new powers etc would be good.
---
http://gentlemanadventurer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/batman-never-ends.png
#3Ironman06(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 11:38:24 AM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
If it was KOTOR and KOTORII (with the restored content mod) then yeah...although the idea of at least a graphical remake would be nice.

Not really sure how that direct kind of gameplay has evolved since KOTOR but new powers etc would be good.

I thought the story was a lot better in KOTOR but I find myself missing all of the powers that are in KOTOR II. I'm kind of used to playing modded versions on my PC, but those obviously aren't available to me on my IPAD.
#4bessy67Posted 1/15/2014 11:40:07 AM
Ironman06 posted...

I thought the story was a lot better in KOTOR but I find myself missing all of the powers that are in KOTOR II. I'm kind of used to playing modded versions on my PC, but those obviously aren't available to me on my IPAD.

I actually liked everything about KOTOR II better until the horribly rushed ending. I never played with the restored content mod, did it improve it Snuff?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#5Redjoker777Posted 1/15/2014 11:43:01 AM
Only with mickey mouse DLC
---
3DS FC: 2621-2758-3169
#6Ironman06(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 11:46:41 AM
bessy67 posted...
Ironman06 posted...

I actually liked everything about KOTOR II better until the horribly rushed ending. I never played with the restored content mod, did it improve it Snuff?

It was really well done and closed a lot of plot gaps. It's been a while since I've played it, but I don't believe it altered the ending any.
#7aszsithPosted 1/15/2014 1:53:29 PM
I;m guessing there would be a licensing nightmare to get this done though now that Star Wars is owed by the Mouse House.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#8SrgtStalkerPosted 1/15/2014 2:12:59 PM
Disney keeps saying they're too tied up with Star Wars VII, that's apparently why Star Wars 1313 was postponed and work on Star Wars The Force Unleashed III hasn't started yet.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#9The JackassPosted 1/15/2014 2:15:01 PM
aszsith posted...
I;m guessing there would be a licensing nightmare to get this done though now that Star Wars is owed by the Mouse House.

How so? Disney owns the rights to Star Wars and gave EA rights to publish games. EA owns Bioware which in turns owns the right to the original does it not?
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#10TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/15/2014 2:22:35 PM
If it was both KotOR games, and 2 was finished, I'd drop $60. I still have the Xbox versions, so it'd take more than mildly better production values.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo