Sign in when playing game

#1a123454321Posted 1/15/2014 2:04:26 PM
Even though im signed into xbox live, anyone else find certain games still come up with "who do you want to sign in as" screen? I only have my profile on the system, who else am i going to use!
#2staticxtreme5Posted 1/15/2014 3:48:10 PM
Yeah, its kinda stupid it does that. Almost defeats the purpose of the Kinect's auto sign in. Hopefully they can streamline it a little better in a future update.
#3squarex8264Posted 1/15/2014 3:49:45 PM
Probably just a bug with certain launch titles. I'm guessing those games had a problem getting the active user, so they just force you to respecify yourself everytime. I noticed that Lococycle had this issue, but not any of the other games I owned.

I wouldn't expect future games to have this issue.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4EllesarienPosted 1/15/2014 3:50:14 PM
a123454321 posted...
Even though im signed into xbox live, anyone else find certain games still come up with "who do you want to sign in as" screen? I only have my profile on the system, who else am i going to use!

Ya..It's happened a few times and it seems pretty random.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#5Hidan623Posted 1/15/2014 3:50:59 PM
okay i thoht i was the only one with this problem thank you i don't get my we would have auto signing for a player and then sign into a different account not to mention if you ask me there shouldn't be a signing for games because kinect has your own personalized stuff for each profile on the console so if you sign in on the console and launch a game well obviously it's still the same account because kinect didn't sign you in as a different person before you started the game....i'm not going to start the game as jim then sign into bobs profile
#6MRL3G3NDPosted 1/15/2014 3:59:08 PM
always happens to me in BF...

it's things like this that lead me to believe MS doesn't product test...

it's not like you have to dig deep to find these bugs

If they had 1 person play it for a week they could have saved themselves a lot of embarrassment... theres like 5 WTF Were you thinking MS, bugs steps back from the 360 XBL

I have no doubt the live experience will improve...

but we shouldn't have taken several steps back in the next gen... that's just stupid
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#7EllesarienPosted 1/15/2014 4:13:27 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...

If they had 1 person play it for a week they could have saved themselves a lot of embarrassment... theres like 5 WTF Were you thinking MS, bugs steps back from the 360 XBL

but we shouldn't have taken several steps back in the next gen... that's just stupid

If you expected ZERO issues with a launch console then you had ridiculous expectations...period.

The things that get blown out of proportion....
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#8squarex8264Posted 1/15/2014 5:15:33 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...

Asking for the user again isn't a bug with the Xbox, it's a bug with the game. Also, there may be a reason why Battlefield 4 did it this way. For example, the API from the Xbox platform that enabled this feature may not have been solid enough, and Battlefield wanted to get their game done and not wait for the next fix drop. Which would explain why it's an issue in some games, but not every game (Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and AC4 don't have this issue for example).

Battlefield no doubt saw the issue. This is probably just a workaround they used to ensure that data/achievements were being given to the correct user.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#9a123454321(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 9:22:42 AM
Ive had the issue in Dead Rising 3 and Forza (only once in forza tho)