A possible reason for 6 vs in Titanfall

#1BiggyDXPosted 1/15/2014 2:33:26 PM
Hopefully this is being considered by critics, but could you imagine how much of a challenge it would be to have 48 players (who each have the potential to call in a Mech)? From the demo we saw at E3, it looks like the map isn't as large as something akin to Battlefield 4. Having at least 20 Mech's (while awesome) would be a pretty demanding technical feat to accomplish; in addition to balancing.

Apart from that, I think the developers are trying to work the game around the maps they've created. If you have too many players in a medium or small sized map (relatively), you get what's happening now with CoD: Ghosts; where you spawn and potentially have 2 people already nearby or looking at you.

I understand for next gen console gamers that having larger groups to play with is enticing, but sometimes it just comes off as whiney. Next gen opens up the capacity to have more players in multiplayer, not a given.

Plus, I still stand by my original argument that we should wait for the demo or beta first before making a decision.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#2xHuckleberryPosted 1/15/2014 2:39:36 PM
But you didnt wait. At all.

*looks at topic*
---
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme
>Living proof of a dying dream.
#3cheezedadadaPosted 1/15/2014 2:42:23 PM(edited)
That pretty much sums up what I think, too. The idea of 12v12 (or whatever higher number) actual players running around dropping mechs everywhere sounds like a nightmare. I think some people are equating having more players to it being better somehow, but its not always the case.

Then again, everyone should wait till AFTER they try it out before making a final opinion anyways. We will all know whether 6v6 works in a couple of months. I have a strong feeling it will.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#4loafy013Posted 1/15/2014 2:46:11 PM
If 6 vs 6 is ideal for the map, then leave it at 12 characters total. Don't triple that number by adding a bunch of A.I bots. I think what a lot of people are seeing is by adding bots, they are reducing the number of real players that could be there.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#5SorbetowulfPosted 1/15/2014 2:51:30 PM
I haven't checked out the boards for a few days.

It's nice to see there's still new 6v6 threads being started. I would've thought that it would be old by now.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#6cheezedadadaPosted 1/15/2014 2:53:35 PM
loafy013 posted...
If 6 vs 6 is ideal for the map, then leave it at 12 characters total. Don't triple that number by adding a bunch of A.I bots. I think what a lot of people are seeing is by adding bots, they are reducing the number of real players that could be there.

I think one of the bigger draws to the game though is having the mechs. If they took out the mechs and just added more people, it would be taking away a giant attraction of the game. Two of the biggest factors into making this game sound interesting is having a mech to call in/control/etc and wall running parkour stuff.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#7MRL3G3NDPosted 1/15/2014 3:05:54 PM
The game started out as a last gen game...I swear... people ...you know... I really don't blame them for telling so many ridiculous lies... I thought THEY must be stupid for telling us such blatant lies... as if the true answer isn't a google search away...

but people want to find a better reason why they are coming up short... in short... it's greed.

Titanfall was designed for the 360...and they are porting it over to the "next gen"...

those with PC's from last gen are well aware what this means
look at this example
http://youtu.be/jyMmTG4ptnQ

Far cry 3 on PC and 360 look virtually the same...the assets are the same... the game and gameplay are identical... the only difference... one is in HD, running with a better framerate, the other not much...

because it was made for the console, and ported up to PC

Titanfall was made for last gen, and it will be ported up to PC and One

This is why the maps are small, this is why the player count is small... it's probably all they can squeeze out of the 360... I can promise you there will be little to no difference in each version... maybe things like smoke and particles.. but not enough to call this cutting edge next gen

why?
Because it is cheaper to just add a couple things to a finished cake than to make a cake and try to take out the eggs.

they used to make games for the pc, and spend a lot of money and time stripping it of things to make it fit on a console...and still make sense (BF2 anyone?)

I still think it will be a fun game... I remember when spies vs mercs came out... and I thought wtf? 2v2? and it turned out to be one of the greatest multiplayer experiences ever
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#8loafy013Posted 1/15/2014 3:07:52 PM
I'm more of a RPG guy, so I see it like this. A company tells me they found the ideal party size for the player to control is 3 people, but we are going to make parties be 6 man, 3 you control and 3 AI. I am stuck wondering why I can't just control all 6.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#9crucialPosted 1/15/2014 3:11:40 PM
I am so glad its a small game FPS since its mech based that way they can keep it at 60fps so I am all for it,I do wish it had a 8 vs 8 but TF2 will be the one to get because they will make it bigger over time like in CoD with ground war play mode.