For anyone thinking about buying Ryse...

#1EternalStutterPosted 1/15/2014 1:40:02 PM
For the love of god, play the game on centurion (one above normal). Anyone who owns the game knows exactly why I say this.
#2PastyFuryPosted 1/15/2014 2:01:59 PM
Care to elaborate?
#3blue_manPosted 1/15/2014 2:03:11 PM
The game is far too easy on any difficulty below to be honest. I first played on Soldier and it's far too easy, I had to play it on Legendary mode to have a challenge.
#4bigshot2000Posted 1/15/2014 2:04:39 PM
the lowest ill ever go is normal, but only after i try hard mode first. wheres the fun without a little challenge in a single player game, and hey, you can only experience it once right?
---
If 3DS is announced to be coming out in November
ShadowofStatue: I will pee, for the first time in my life T-Viral-X: You...YOU ARE INHUMAN!
#5AshWilliams78Posted 1/15/2014 2:46:21 PM
bigshot2000 posted...
the lowest ill ever go is normal, but only after i try hard mode first. wheres the fun without a little challenge in a single player game, and hey, you can only experience it once right?

I never understood the mentality of only experiencing a game once. I've played many of my older games over again whenever I'm feeling nostalgic.

That being said I just beat Ryse on Normal and had a blast with it. Gonna try the Hardest difficulty setting for more of a challenge now.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#6Dr WhoopassPosted 1/15/2014 4:55:31 PM
It's a lot more challenging, and therefore fun, on Centurion. You can actually die. Playing on Normal is way too easy and it is likely why reviews thought the game was so boring.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#7TBONE_OGPosted 1/15/2014 5:20:44 PM
Ryse is tough stuff on Legendary. Struggled through multiple areas.

Fun game.
---
Always O.G.
#8thestickerPosted 1/15/2014 5:36:26 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...
I never understood the mentality of only experiencing a game once. I've played many of my older games over again whenever I'm feeling nostalgic.

What he meant was that you can only experience it for the first time once.
#9mcnichojPosted 1/15/2014 5:37:06 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...
I never understood why people rewatch shows or reread books.
You only have a finite amount of time in life, why not experience as many things as possible?

I replay games for achievements doe.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#10bigshot2000Posted 1/16/2014 10:27:43 AM
AshWilliams78 posted...
bigshot2000 posted...

That being said I just beat Ryse on Normal and had a blast with it. Gonna try the Hardest difficulty setting for more of a challenge now.

Dont get me wrong, some games can be played multiple times and you'll still have a blast. but for those special moments when you are in the dark, seeing it for the first time, you can replicate those kind of moments again since you know its coming.
---
If 3DS is announced to be coming out in November
ShadowofStatue: I will pee, for the first time in my life T-Viral-X: You...YOU ARE INHUMAN!