For anyone thinking about buying Ryse...

#11RybalPosted 1/16/2014 11:33:11 AM
mcnichoj posted...
I never understood why people rewatch shows or reread books.

Most of my rereads come because I tend to read books that are in a series and can't remember everything that happened in the last several thousand pages.

Also, when you reread a book or rewatch a show, you will sometimes see something you didn't notice the first time.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81
#12studepaberPosted 1/16/2014 11:47:22 AM
EternalStutter posted...
For the love of god, play the game on centurion (one above normal). Anyone who owns the game knows exactly why I say this.

For some reason when I initially read this I saw play the game Centurion. I was thinking how is an old Sega Genesis game relevant to buying Ryse? The chariot races were pretty awesome tho...
#13kcypher2000Posted 1/16/2014 12:17:57 PM
What makes it harder? just less life or enemies hit harder?

I am going through on normal now and i think its better than i thought it would be and doesn't deserve all the hate. Now i don't think its worth full price either though.
#14DoukouPosted 1/16/2014 12:21:19 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
What makes it harder? just less life or enemies hit harder?

I am going through on normal now and i think its better than i thought it would be and doesn't deserve all the hate. Now i don't think its worth full price either though.

One thing I noticed is that you are forced to deflect red attacks in Cent and Legend for some enemies.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#15EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 1:36:39 PM
PastyFury posted...
Care to elaborate?

Read the other posts
#16theSpiccoliPosted 1/16/2014 4:55:48 PM
I played through Ryse three times. First was normal (to enjoy the story), second was legendary (to enjoy the challenge), third was easy (just to rush through for collectibles). Legendary was the most satisfying, as it should be.

Also, if you haven't, give the multi a chance. I had a blast playing it.
---
GT-TheSpiccoli
#17Foxx3kPosted 1/16/2014 4:57:49 PM
It's a pretty easy game on Centurion as well.

If you could dodge-cancel out of parry animations then it'd be difficult ... to get damaged. :smug:
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#18PudgeisafishPosted 1/16/2014 5:06:18 PM
mcnichoj posted...
AshWilliams78 posted...
I never understood the mentality of only experiencing a game once. I've played many of my older games over again whenever I'm feeling nostalgic.
I never understood why people rewatch shows or reread books.
You only have a finite amount of time in life, why not experience as many things as possible?

I replay games for achievements doe.

Same reason why people listen to the same songs over and over.

Meet to talk with the same people over and over.

Eat the same foods over and over.

Have sex over and over

They enjoy the experience and get that feeling everytime they do it over.