Talking of this board.. It is Xbox one right???

#11-Erika-Posted 1/15/2014 9:46:46 PM
aszsith posted...
The thing I find funny about it is that the Sony trolls will come here and try their best to make the XBOne out to be the worst invention in the history of the planet, like it is some sort of technical abomination that skins children and violates household pets.

But when someone tries to provide some sort of legitimate, intelligent argument, they are immediately called a shill for Microsoft. IF we were all shills for Microsoft, why would we stay on the XBOne board? Wouldn't we come to the PS4 board and try to recruit? It's almost like they are the shills and are coming here to try and recruit for their corporate backer by using reverse psychology and negative reinforcement.

More likely though is that some people are just immature and/or have too much time to spend on the Internet, but ran out of Jergens and Kleenex.

You should have been here during the pre-release days, where even people of a neutral opinion were labeled as being shills. It was just as funny as it was sad.
---
Joshi Spirit
#12JusticeSwordPosted 1/15/2014 9:47:07 PM
I dont fully utilise the My Games aspect of this site, I gave up after a handful of games, the fact im not an MS gamer doesnt mean anything about my ability to hold a discussion or opinion.

& Im not downplaying it, im admitting it happens, a lot, & asking why is that? why does it lose out in polls across the internet? why do so many people troll it?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#13-Erika-Posted 1/15/2014 9:52:08 PM
JusticeSword posted...
I dont fully utilise the My Games aspect of this site, I gave up after a handful of games, the fact im not an MS gamer doesnt mean anything about my ability to hold a discussion or opinion.

& Im not downplaying it, im admitting it happens, a lot, & asking why is that? why does it lose out in polls across the internet? why do so many people troll it?

Prior to release there were a bunch of legitimate concerns about it that have mostly been either resolved or become non-issues now that the One is actually out. Just how much heat the One has is (and perhaps always was) a testament to just how much of an echo chamber the internet is, coupled with the piling on that tends to happen with nearly everything on the internet.

It's an easy target (more so prior to release), people like going after the low-hanging fruit. You see it time and time again with tons of things on every side of an argument about all sorts of things online.
---
Joshi Spirit
#14JusticeSwordPosted 1/15/2014 9:53:30 PM
-Erika- posted...
JusticeSword posted...

Prior to release there were a bunch of legitimate concerns about it that have mostly been either resolved or become non-issues now that the One is actually out. Just how much heat the One has is (and perhaps always was) a testament to just how much of an echo chamber the internet is, coupled with the piling on that tends to happen with nearly everything on the internet.

It's an easy target (more so prior to release), people like going after the low-hanging fruit. You see it time and time again with tons of things on every side of an argument about all sorts of things online.

Thats a very good answer, thankyou.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#15jumbocatPosted 1/15/2014 11:36:52 PM
>there
---
ED
AC
#16archibald3Posted 1/16/2014 1:33:36 AM
JusticeSword posted...

Your making the assumption that if a lot of people do something then it has to have some credibility. On the contrary people can be like sheep and therein lies your answer. People seem to be attracted to hate and ridicule and its a sad part of humane nature. Makes the world , and the internet , a pretty callous place to be sometimes. The anonymous nature of the internet really opens the door for the worst in people to come out it seems.
#17Satchmo25Posted 1/16/2014 1:50:43 AM
Lack of games on PS4, plus the console failing to live up to expectations left a lot of sony faithful unfulfilled. Add to that the surprising success of Xbox Sales and boom - troll infestation
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#18nableetPosted 1/16/2014 2:14:27 AM
aszsith posted...
The thing I find funny about it is that the Sony trolls will come here and try their best to make the XBOne out to be the worst invention in the history of the planet, like it is some sort of technical abomination that skins children and violates household pets.

But when someone tries to provide some sort of legitimate, intelligent argument, they are immediately called a shill for Microsoft. IF we were all shills for Microsoft, why would we stay on the XBOne board? Wouldn't we come to the PS4 board and try to recruit? It's almost like they are the shills and are coming here to try and recruit for their corporate backer by using reverse psychology and negative reinforcement.

More likely though is that some people are just immature and/or have too much time to spend on the Internet, but ran out of Jergens and Kleenex.

Please tell me that you can see this works both ways? Everytime anyone doesn't offer absolute praise for the xbone they are labeled "Sony pony" and dismissed.

Also, no one seems to mention the constant baiting by Xbox fans in the threads. Then they are shocked when Sony fans take the bait...

Shills for Xbox could be here (though I doubt it) because the fight is on MS's home turf, you have to win your own board before you go into someone else's.

Either way, if a genuine question is asked on this board it is answered. I disagree with the TC that that is not the case.
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#19archibald3Posted 1/16/2014 3:02:03 AM
nableet posted...
aszsith posted...

Please tell me that you can see this works both ways? Everytime anyone doesn't offer absolute praise for the xbone they are labeled "Sony pony" and dismissed.

Also, no one seems to mention the constant baiting by Xbox fans in the threads. Then they are shocked when Sony fans take the bait...

Shills for Xbox could be here (though I doubt it) because the fight is on MS's home turf, you have to win your own board before you go into someone else's.

Either way, if a genuine question is asked on this board it is answered. I disagree with the TC that that is not the case.

This is an old and lame rationalization. Its also circular reasoning. No one can "bait" me on the ps4 board because i`m not there. Your point also ignores what the tc is alluding to as well and that is relentless , obsessive trolling thats been going on here for months.

The whole "if you dont praise the xbox your labeled a troll or a pony" argument completely ignores the horde of trollers who are easily recognized by anyone who spends some time here. It also ignores the results of various polls which clearly show how overrun it is. I once made a poll and put in one option which was a blatant lie about the Xbox One which cast it in a negative light. I knew the trolls and "ponys" would not be able to resist. Within about a 8 hour block of time over 100 people had chosen that option.
#20nableetPosted 1/16/2014 3:39:05 AM
archibald3 posted...
nableet posted...
aszsith posted...

This is an old and lame rationalization. Its also circular reasoning. No one can "bait" me on the ps4 board because i`m not there. Your point also ignores what the tc is alluding to as well and that is relentless , obsessive trolling thats been going on here for months.

The whole "if you dont praise the xbox your labeled a troll or a pony" argument completely ignores the horde of trollers who are easily recognized by anyone who spends some time here. It also ignores the results of various polls which clearly show how overrun it is. I once made a poll and put in one option which was a blatant lie about the Xbox One which cast it in a negative light. I knew the trolls and "ponys" would not be able to resist. Within about a 8 hour block of time over 100 people had chosen that option.

Old and lame? Hardly. If you want to live in your own little bubble, then of course the reasoning may seem old and lame to you. I'm sure I am not alone in visiting multiple boards though.

Relentless trolling seems to have been covered by everyone else, I was just talking about the specific points made in the post I qouted and the TC saying they couldn't ask a genuine question.

If it makes you happy though, I accept that there is relentless trolling by Anti MS (not only sony) posters. I also accept that there are Xbox trolls and baiting, do you?

My argument does not ignore the hordes of trolls. My argument is purely that people get called ponies, as well. This is almost always ignored and doesn't show a balanced response.

I got called a "Sony pony" plenty of times because I despise the kinect, despite originally going to stick with MS and not owning a Sony console since PS1.
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A