$450 for a brand new Xbox One, take it, or wait?

#1Jimm3rF3rdettePosted 1/15/2014 11:40:04 PM
This guy on craigslist is selling a brand new / sealed xbox one for $450. He is even willing to let me open it to ensure everything is factory sealed.

Good deal, or should I wait for the slight possibility that Microsoft will announce a $399 kinect-less bundle?

But to be fair, even if there was a $399 kinect-less bundle, it would cost me $440 with tax, which is nearly the same as this $450 that comes with the kinect.

The PS4 that I am returning soon cost me $440 with tax, so I essentially could be getting an xbox one for the same price as a ps4.

What do you guys think?
---
Favorite game of all time: Final Fantasy X, and no other game has come close.
Console fanboys are worshiping a piece of plastic.
#2killerbasaPosted 1/15/2014 11:44:38 PM
You have pretty much justified your purchase in your own post. If you buy from the dude, then basically you got Kinect for $10 more if there ever is a Kinect-less version.
#3BongbuddyPosted 1/15/2014 11:45:48 PM
Craigslist deal? What do I think? I think he's going to shoot you and take your $450.
---
GT: HeavyMetalSonic
#4Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 11:51:26 PM
killerbasa posted...
You have pretty much justified your purchase in your own post. If you buy from the dude, then basically you got Kinect for $10 more if there ever is a Kinect-less version.

true, true, sounds like a steal.

I also save $100. Buying it from a retailer would cost $500 , after tax would put it at $550.
---
#5JK8289Posted 1/15/2014 11:55:42 PM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
killerbasa posted...

I also save $100. Buying it from a retailer would cost $500 , after tax would put it at $550.

Damn 10% tax. Mine is only 6%.

But yeah I would take the deal on craigslist TC
---
GT: KillerIsHere828
#6RipZzPosted 1/15/2014 11:59:45 PM
I've done plenty of transactions via CL. I always meet in a public place and so far I have never had an issue as far as getting robbed, etc. The only issue I did run into was a dude selling me a RROD 360 but that was my fault not having him meet me at a gamestop for it to be tested.
---
G1 Sniper 3 | 3770k | 16gb GSkills Ram (2666Mhz) | GTX 780 3gb OC'd | 120gb SSD | 1tb HDD
#7Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 12:02:17 AM
RipZz posted...
I've done plenty of transactions via CL. I always meet in a public place and so far I have never had an issue as far as getting robbed, etc. The only issue I did run into was a dude selling me a RROD 360 but that was my fault not having him meet me at a gamestop for it to be tested.

well the guy seems legit. i just talked to him on the phone. also, why would he let me open the xbox to ensure it is factory sealed if he was trying to scam me in any way, shape, or form?

i'll be able to tell if he simply repackaged it after using it.
---
#8CaIiber345Posted 1/16/2014 12:04:50 AM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
killerbasa posted...

Because it's probably stolen.
---
A GameFAQS Troll attacked for +12 damage!
"It is our destiny...to not have to get jobs." --Lord Vader
#9Jimm3rF3rdette(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 12:08:45 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
killerbasa posted...

Because it's probably stolen.

he has receipt as well.
---
#10xacebopPosted 1/16/2014 12:10:04 AM
I'd be for it except for the fact you're returning the ps4 to get it. I think you will regret that decision but it sounds like you've already made up your mind. I would hook the console up just to ensure it works, sealed or not