I think titanfall will be delayed...

#1Epic_Bear_GuyPosted 1/16/2014 1:22:15 AM
The lack of information for titanfall when it's less than 2 months away is quite suspect if you ask me. Still lack of information on which companies working on the 360 version. On top of that they're having an "alpha" test? Alpha testing comes before beta testing, they should be in the process of beta testing at this point imo. My guts telling me this games going to get pushed back.
#2ZAKDUDEPosted 1/16/2014 1:44:06 AM(edited)
It won't. Just look at how EA released Battlefield 4. It'll probably be a mess at launch.
#3dnmtPosted 1/16/2014 1:44:45 AM
Better to be pushed back than release like BF4 did. You're right about the lack of info being disconcerting, though.
#4CaIiber345Posted 1/16/2014 1:46:17 AM
If it gets delayed, I am interested in seeing the reaction.
---
A GameFAQS Troll attacked for +12 damage!
"It is our destiny...to not have to get jobs." --Lord Vader
#5badmanneilPosted 1/16/2014 1:54:00 AM
lol delayed? EA has never had a problem with releasing a game that is absolute garbage.. Refer to Battlefield 4 for more info. :)
#6Epic_Bear_Guy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 1:56:53 AM
badmanneil posted...
lol delayed? EA has never had a problem with releasing a game that is absolute garbage.. Refer to Battlefield 4 for more info. :)

Expect this to release as absolute garbage then. Might as well buy this game a month after it comes out since that's likely when it will be fixed.
#7dnmtPosted 1/16/2014 2:08:33 AM
Epic_Bear_Guy posted...
badmanneil posted...

Expect this to release as absolute garbage then. Might as well buy this game a month after it comes out since that's likely when it will be fixed.

How long has it been since BF4 launched? It's still pretty buggy and far from completely fixed. And only NOW are they adding an offline mode for SimCity, nearly a year after release. Just crap all around with that company.
#8Apex-PlayerPosted 1/16/2014 2:09:03 AM
They most likely wont delay it, but if they do it would give them time to make sure it runs smooth.
Never a bad thing in my opinion.
Also releasing so close to MGS would hurt there sales anyway, i'm sure they would rather have a more empty month for launch.
With all the upcoming games, from Dark Souls 2 to Castlevania before hand, Metal Gear. (infamous also but yeah) Its a bad time to launch TF in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised if the game runs as well as it ever will and they still delay for a more strategic launch date.

A lot of games people have waited years for are all getting pushed out in a short time. Hell i'll be busy with Castlevania til DarkSouls, even infamous will have to be on hold for a lot of time just do to DS, then MGS after infamous.
Just my opinion, but even if I owned x1 and wanted TF like 'OMG' it would still be on a back burner right from launch.

Anyone else agree? Or is everyone really that focused on TF.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#9dnmtPosted 1/16/2014 2:10:48 AM
Only Xboners are this fixed on Titanfall. Normal people know to curb their enthusiasm regarding a new IP crapped out by EA until proven otherwise.
#10ukemandwnbuPosted 1/16/2014 2:18:10 AM
Halfway through January and we really don't have much info or any new gameplay video on Titanfall except some tweets and interviews about how much the devs find Titanfall multiplayer fun. You'd think EA has enough money to market this game, but perhaps it was all spent up on Battlefield 4.

In my opinion, delaying Titanfall until fall, or at least summer, would be better for it, honestly. I see EA will be releasing The Sims 4 and Dragon Age: Inquisition Q3/Q4, so maybe they don't want Titanfall interfering with those games' sales.

Another reason could be that EA doesn't want to release Titanfall in fall against Destiny, Call of Duty, Halo, and Tom Clancy's The Division (unless that game has been delayed to 2015). We all saw what happened to Medal of Honor: Warfighter against Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.

I think Titanfall is in a better situation. People saw MOH:W as a Call of Duty copycat. I believe Titanfall could handle competing with Destiny and Halo. Alas, EA will release Titanfall riddled with bugs, glitches, freezes, crashes, resets, etc. just as they did BF4. The game will, therefore, bomb and there won't be any hope for a sequel even if Titanfall was great.