Sign if you're done calling it "XBone"

#131goatthiefPosted 1/18/2014 8:57:48 AM(edited)
*anti signs*

I work at EB and it has gained traction. Everyone is using it and it rolls off the tongue. It won't be going away until fanboys need to dedicate their energy elsewhere.
---
If you see this sig I am browsing gamefaqs mobile and chances are I'm on the toilet.
#132aszsithPosted 1/18/2014 1:53:32 PM(edited)
Evel138 posted...
What you've "proved", to me at least, is that you're full of ****. While still missing the greater point of having any sense of imagination. I've got news for you, there are plenty of wonderfully colorful, imaginative people that make my use of "cursing" look like that of an alter boy....so you can save your pretentious formalities and "social grace". Or do something else with them....that of which I can not even suggest on this forum.

Also, I'm not quite sure where I called you any names, but I rest assured I have plenty for you.

You didn't directly call me anything other than pretentious. You did, however, while criticizing their creativity call the marketing department at Microsoft a bunch of "dimwitted knuckledraggers" in a failed attempt at humor. In the process, you also failed to elevate yourself above the status of "dimwitted" since you couldn't be bothered to follow basic sentence structure or exhibit any signs of creativity yourself by offering any suggestions for alternatives.

Hence all of my replies. You have yet to engage in any sort of civil conversation or debate. You continue to defend your actions using apathy as an excuse and simply sling insults that are little more than name calling, cursing, and rudeness. That is not a sign of creativity, but rather a sign that you lack the creativity to do anything other than say "I don't like what you said, so shove it!".

Which is okay. You are allowed to be immature about things. We all do from time to time. Acting like a child is certainly one way of engaging society. Just don't get all insulted when society then treats you the way you are acting. Accept it, learn from the experience, and move past it.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#133ThunderballX360Posted 1/18/2014 1:57:46 PM
I always hated the term Xbone
---
Selena Gomez: My Favorite Girl
Grand Theft Auto V: The greatest game mankind has ever crafted.
#134TheBonfiniPosted 1/18/2014 2:03:16 PM
Wow calling the xbox Xbone seems to upset the regulars.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#135Evel138Posted 1/18/2014 3:34:52 PM
If you believe I feel "insulted", you're sadly mistaken.

Assuming your tightass manner of speaking is genuine and not simply a facade meant in some (hopeless) attempt to impress me, I've come to realize that this exchange is a fruitless endeavor for myself.

(In a parlance more suited for your lofty intellect)....one would not have to foggiest concept of what constitutes creativity even if that creativity were to crawl up ones certain dark orifice and make them its hand puppet.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#136SabramPosted 1/18/2014 6:10:37 PM
Anti-sign

Xbone just rolls off the tongue too easily, (hurr hurr) Makes the common 3-letter abbreviation easy, since it's the first 3 letters. (XBO) And like was said earlier, even MS is calling it that from time to time, so why not?
---
I have discovered the perfect game. It is called Starbound, and shall be played forever.
PSN: Sabram
#137singhellotakuPosted 1/19/2014 12:33:43 AM
ShinCougar posted...
Ugh :( I thought it was a 'cute' term at first ... then I realized it really was a derogatory acronym for "Bone-headed" and I believe Xbox One deserves better...

Sign

I always saw it as a xboner not xboneheaded, either way, yeah its derogatory, it was always meant that way.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot
#138nizam216Posted 1/19/2014 4:29:45 AM(edited)
There is nothing wrong with the nickname Xbone. I say Xbone and I plan to get one soon. The only way the name Xbone can be seen as being even remotely insulting is if you say that Microsoft views Xbox afficionados as dogs due to the fact that they charge for online play so they throw them a bone, hence Xbone, but you would really have to dig for that and no one has time for it, especially given that the main competitor has done the same thing and the other competitor is a non-factor.
#139ShinCougar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2014 3:10:56 PM
nizam216 posted...
There is nothing wrong with the nickname Xbone. I say Xbone and I plan to get one soon. The only way the name Xbone can be seen as being even remotely insulting is if you say that Microsoft views Xbox afficionados as dogs due to the fact that they charge for online play so they throw them a bone, hence Xbone, but you would really have to dig for that and no one has time for it, especially given that the main competitor has done the same thing and the other competitor is a non-factor.

Wow, 37 posts later, and I found an actually good counter-point to my argument :) GameFaqs might crash!
---
PSN id: xBushinRyuCaT_x - 3DS:4768-8290-3309
#140The_Man_On_FirePosted 1/20/2014 3:15:48 PM
you can start by calling it " superior next gen "