to anyone with a pc beta for project spark....

#1Hidan623Posted 1/16/2014 11:41:19 AM
a few questions because i am HYPED for this game haha

all these questions are from videos I've seen

1. so a while back in the intro i saw a selection for first person can you make first person games or was i looking at the wrong thing?

2. Do the packs for customization come in bundles i would rather buy all at once when they release stuff rather than separate transactions and how expensive are they?

3. Can you scale down characters and stuff and zoom the camera in to kinda give you and even bigger canvas to work with i'm into games like skyrim and stuff and idk how big canvases are?

4. Can you put your own music in it?

5. can you do your own voice overs and gestures?? They said something about using kinect for that but as you are on PC idk if that's an option or if it will still be in the game.

I know this is still in beta form so if some or none of these can be answered that's fine.
#2bessy67Posted 1/16/2014 11:46:05 AM(edited)
I haven't played it but from the dev streams I know answers to 1, 3 and 5

1) Yes, you can do first person games
3) You can scale the size of objects/characters. The world area is roughly 25 square kilometers, and you can link worlds together so the size is pretty much unlimited
5) Voice overs and motion capture are not in the PC beta but they supposedly will be in the Xbox One beta which comes out in February.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 11:50:27 AM
bessy67 posted...
I haven't played it but from the dev streams I know answers to 1, 3 and 5

1) Yes, you can do first person games
3) You can scale the size of objects/characters. The world area is roughly 25 square kilometers, and you can link worlds together so the size is pretty much unlimited
5) Voice overs and motion capture are not in the PC beta but they supposedly will be in the Xbox One beta which comes out in February.

FIRST PERSON YESSSS LOVE IT

And i had NO idea you could link worlds together so basically as long as you have space on your hard drive you game can be as long as you want it in a sense?

and if voice overs and motion captures are on it well dang you will be able to actually make FULL games like devs in a sense haha....

which brings me to my next question this game is free to play with of course in game purchases however when you share with the community can you LOCK your level like i don't want people taking my game apart in edit mode and copying me i want to have my own original stuff and with edit mode people can steal idea way to easy. also can you make your creations private haha not saying i will be this good but in a sense if someone is really good with project spark they could possibly sell their creations like games for money haha if microsoft allows lol they should look into letting us sell them....but i can also see why they wouldn't because EVERYONE would ask for money and there would be no free games ahha
#4bessy67Posted 1/16/2014 11:59:15 AM
Not sure about any of the pricing/privacy stuff. Here's a short clip from a FPS made in the beta, and a demonstration of level linking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLVChKgM-AY&t=2m24s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9gXvg7J7iA&t=1m2s
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#5Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 12:05:46 PM
bessy67 posted...
Not sure about any of the pricing/privacy stuff. Here's a short clip from a FPS made in the beta, and a demonstration of level linking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLVChKgM-AY&t=2m24s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9gXvg7J7iA&t=1m2s

I'm watching a video about infinite worlds but those videos you showed me just brought joy to my eyes haha I will be no lifeing this game for sure might make a series of games if I can get some of my friends to help me with voice overs and animation for Cutscense haha i can't spell but I'm soo HYPED for this game