Should I unplug the power brick when I'm not playing?

#1DarkMark942Posted 1/16/2014 11:45:51 AM
Because I notice a light glowing from it and a quiet little noise.
---
Not changing sig until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl
#2CKnightPosted 1/16/2014 11:49:00 AM
No, leave it plugged in.
#3Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 1/16/2014 12:23:14 PM
In essence, anything that consumes energy but is not being used should always be unplugged. TVs, stereos, phone chargers, power strips... they will continue to drain / use energy even when off.

The exception are most lights and lamps. I'm pretty sure that for them, off = unplugged.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#4DarkMark942(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 2:26:52 PM
But will the power decrease over time if left plugged in?
---
#5EnclavePosted 1/16/2014 2:29:13 PM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
In essence, anything that consumes energy but is not being used should always be unplugged. TVs, stereos, phone chargers, power strips... they will continue to drain / use energy even when off.

The exception are most lights and lamps. I'm pretty sure that for them, off = unplugged.

Except the power drain from keeping the brick plugged in is going to cost you pennies over the course of a year. It's a negligible power drain.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#6TrickyPonyPosted 1/16/2014 2:32:27 PM
Enclave posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...

Except the power drain from keeping the brick plugged in is going to cost you pennies over the course of a year. It's a negligible power drain.

This. What's your purpose for asking TC? It's better to leave the power brick plugged in and just do a hard shut down of the console (as opposed to leaving it on stand-by) if you're concerned about power usage.
#7DarkMark942(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 2:46:30 PM(edited)
The power usage I'm referring to is the actual Xbox, to be more specific. Will it drain it?
---
#8CallmegePosted 1/16/2014 4:17:11 PM
DarkMark942 posted...
The power usage I'm referring to is the actual Xbox, to be more specific. Will it drain it?

What is this I don't even...
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#9Mindwipe77Posted 1/16/2014 4:23:41 PM
i think he's asking if leaving it plugged in wil drain the xbox of it's power, like an energy vampire
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#10TrickyPonyPosted 1/16/2014 4:24:00 PM
DarkMark942 posted...

The power brick draws power from the wall outlet, your city's power grid, and feeds your console. The power brick does not draw power from the console so there's nothing to drain.

Did I misread your question?