Should I unplug the power brick when I'm not playing?

#11stekim40Posted 1/16/2014 5:32:18 PM
Power Brick?

lol @ americans. its a PSU guys.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#12scoobydoobydontPosted 1/16/2014 5:34:49 PM
If you'll not be playing for hours, I'd unplug it personally. It might only be "pennies", but that's such a waste. We only have one planet. Well, I've got three, but the rest of you are screwed when you use this one up.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#13BTM4444Posted 1/16/2014 6:03:15 PM
I leave mine in. It's meant to be left in so it can be in standby mode listening for "Xbox on"
---
Owner of an Xbox One, Xbox 360, 3DS, and Ouya!
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#14OverLordChaosPosted 1/16/2014 6:05:52 PM(edited)
Unplug it you will prevent your house from burning down. The power cinderblock gets really hot and can start fires.
#15TBONE_OGPosted 1/16/2014 6:10:34 PM
BTM4444 posted...
I leave mine in. It's meant to be left in so it can be in standby mode listening for "Xbox on"

This.

TC, put your X1 in Energy saving mode. It won't make the sounds when it's off in that mode.

No need to have the power brick unplugged.
---
Always O.G.
#16EnclavePosted 1/16/2014 8:08:24 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
If you'll not be playing for hours, I'd unplug it personally. It might only be "pennies", but that's such a waste. We only have one planet. Well, I've got three, but the rest of you are screwed when you use this one up.

Actually what's really a waste is how much power is wasted during non-peak hours. The power grid isn't a battery, it doesn't store power, it's in fact being constantly fed power and due to the way most kinds of power plants work? Even during non-peak times they're still using up as much fuel as they do during peak times.

So say you unplug that power brick? That power it would have used is still being used up, just not by you personally. It's either being used by somebody else or being completely wasted. You'd be amazed at how much power your typical power plant totally wastes.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#17Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 1/16/2014 8:37:33 PM
Best thread ever.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#18copycat2008Posted 1/16/2014 8:42:10 PM
a better question is, Why does XB1 has a power brick when ps4 doesnt? and its even bigger than 360.............
#19SteelToothPosted 1/16/2014 10:49:55 PM
stekim40 posted...
Power Brick?

lol @ americans. its a PSU guys.

Like hell it is! I'll be damned if I call anything on my Xbox "PS"!
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#20ssj954vegitoPosted 1/17/2014 6:08:06 AM
I gotta say, just took a closer look at the PSU when I noticed the plastic was still on it, and man, that is One balla brick.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?