One thing to look forward to..

#1Kosmo240985Posted 1/16/2014 12:49:07 PM
So last gen x360 got a ton of UI overhauls and updates and additions. Ps3.....not so much.

With the 3 OS's and the Kinnet I feel that the support for the UI has endless possibilities. A cortana voiced siri? Damn...that's a nice one already in the works.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#2MetroidFan9999Posted 1/16/2014 12:58:44 PM
How is this good?

Everyone knows the blade UI was the best UI the 360 had. They absolutely butchered the UI since then.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#3Joey-ZazaPosted 1/16/2014 1:04:24 PM
I just wanted you to know that I don't know what the blade UI is. So there's at least one person that doesn't know what you just said.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#4slyman19Posted 1/16/2014 1:05:59 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
How is this good?

Everyone knows the blade UI was the best UI the 360 had. They absolutely butchered the UI since then.

Never say "everyone knows". You just end up looking like an ass.
#5Kosmo240985(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 1:08:27 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
How is this good?

The 360 UI was nice. Because it has constant support. You must not have owned a 360 at release because the UI was completely different back then.

X1 has the support to grow and change its UI. PS4....doesn't.

That's why I said we have something to look forward to.

And I owned both 360 and Ps3 and I have the x1 and PS4. Unless Sony pulls a 180 and starts supporting the auI ps4 will have the same crap UI it has now
---
GT: Kozzie85
#6MetroidFan9999Posted 1/16/2014 1:25:43 PM
Kosmo240985 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
How is this good?

The 360 UI was nice. Because it has constant support. You must not have owned a 360 at release because the UI was completely different back then.

And I owned both 360 and Ps3 and I have the x1 and PS4. Unless Sony pulls a 180 and starts supporting the auI ps4 will have the same crap UI it has now

Ummm, yeah I did. The blade was the best because it was the cleanest and wasn't bogged down by advertisements. Since then they added unnecessary avatar crap and advertisements.

And isn't just an "assumption" on your part? You act like it is impossible for Sony to "change", whatever that entails...and as if the UI even needs changing.

I'm really boggled that you would assume Sony can't do it...I mean, correct me if I'm wrong....the Vita UI is different from the PS3, as is the PS4. Wouldn't that alone prove that the company can change their UI?
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#7adampeltzPosted 1/16/2014 1:30:39 PM
I agree, blade was the best. I miss that interface. It was super clean.
---
http://nostaljunk.wordpress.com/
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691 | PSN ID: Peltz-0
#8slyman19Posted 1/16/2014 1:54:39 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
How is this good?

Ummm, yeah I did. The blade was the best because it was the cleanest and wasn't bogged down by advertisements. Since then they added unnecessary avatar crap and advertisements.

And isn't just an "assumption" on your part? You act like it is impossible for Sony to "change", whatever that entails...and as if the UI even needs changing.

I'm really boggled that you would assume Sony can't do it...I mean, correct me if I'm wrong....the Vita UI is different from the PS3, as is the PS4. Wouldn't that alone prove that the company can change their UI?

Unfortunately, $ony does indeed change. The P$3 store was awesome, but then they had to throw annoying ads in there and make it slow as s***.
#9EternalStutterPosted 1/16/2014 1:57:08 PM
slyman19 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
How is this good?

Unfortunately, $ony does indeed change. The P$3 store was awesome, but then they had to throw annoying ads in there and make it slow as s***.

Ads are unavoidable at this point. That wont be going away.

But the way the UI looks right now in its launched state, could use a bit of fine tuning.
#10CKnightPosted 1/16/2014 1:58:24 PM
Blade was ok but rather dull, boring and cumbersome.

I use windows 8 alot and prefer the more open, tile layout.

I also don't mind the ads as I watch alot of movies, enjoy music and play games and most of the ads are related to one of them.

It's not exactly windows 8 layout but close enough. I like the Xbox One UI better and with some tweaks it could be pretty awesome.