Hitman for Xbox One, PS4 has sandbox levels, no checkpoints

#1skermacPosted 1/16/2014 3:54:36 PM
No checkpoints? wow! Can't wait!

As part of an open letter released to fans today, Hitman series creator IO Interactive shared a host of new details about its new AAA Hitman game currently in development for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. In this new and untitled game, you'll play as a "globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career." Supporting Agent 47 will be his longtime partner Diana Burnwood and the entire International Contract Agency (ICA).

"We're packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We've adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels," the developer said. "Our aim is to create living, breathing, and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves."

Contracts Mode, a mission-editor feature that allows players to create murder scenarios, will also return for the new Hitman game. Players will be able to create and build these challenges and then share them with the world through the Internet.

"You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47's magic pockets," the developer said. "We believe that's all we need to say about that subject."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hitman-for-xbox-one-ps4-has-sandbox-levels-no-checkpoints/1100-6417169/
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2TansyrisPosted 1/16/2014 3:59:56 PM
And on the PS4 board, the topic title was

"Hitman for PS4, Xbox One has sandbox levels, no checkpoints"

Just letting you all know so no one falls for the cheap troll. Step up your game, amateur.
---
GameFAQs PS4 Planetside 2 Outfit (join it!): http://tinylink.net/2lpu6
Indie games are not bad just because you are bad at them.
#3_Deadeye_CM_Posted 1/16/2014 4:06:17 PM
Tansyris posted...

Just letting you all know so no one falls for the cheap troll. Step up your game, amateur.

Except TC did that specifically to counteract trolling. The comma is used because that's a list. You know, PS4, Xbox One. PS4 was first on the PS4 board so no one called TC an Xbox One fanboy. Xbox One was first on this board so no one called TC a Sony fanboy.

Yet, you still come in here with an act. I don't get it.... TC was sharing info about a multiplatform game on both boards. Calm down.

On topic, this sounds cool. I haven't played any of the Hitman games, but this does sound interesting.
---
Not changing this until Dark Cloud gets another installment. Help out:
https://www.change.org/petitions/level-5-inc-bring-back-dark-cloud-for-the-ps4
#4skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 4:10:38 PM
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
Tansyris posted...

Except TC did that specifically to counteract trolling. The comma is used because that's a list. You know, PS4, Xbox One. PS4 was first on the PS4 board so no one called TC an Xbox One fanboy. Xbox One was first on this board so no one called TC a Sony fanboy.

Yet, you still come in here with an act. I don't get it.... TC was sharing info about a multiplatform game on both boards. Calm down.

On topic, this sounds cool. I haven't played any of the Hitman games, but this does sound interesting.

Thank you Deadeye, you get it. You just proved you are a smart guy. Just wanted to share this good news with everyone.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#5EternalStutterPosted 1/16/2014 4:13:46 PM
skermac posted...
No checkpoints? wow! Can't wait!

As part of an open letter released to fans today, Hitman series creator IO Interactive shared a host of new details about its new AAA Hitman game currently in development for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. In this new and untitled game, you'll play as a "globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career." Supporting Agent 47 will be his longtime partner Diana Burnwood and the entire International Contract Agency (ICA).

"We're packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We've adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels," the developer said. "Our aim is to create living, breathing, and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves."

Contracts Mode, a mission-editor feature that allows players to create murder scenarios, will also return for the new Hitman game. Players will be able to create and build these challenges and then share them with the world through the Internet.

"You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47's magic pockets," the developer said. "We believe that's all we need to say about that subject."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hitman-for-xbox-one-ps4-has-sandbox-levels-no-checkpoints/1100-6417169/

I didnt HATE absolution. It wasnt amazing. But it was enjoyable none the less.

As a die hard fan though...I couldnt be happier to hear this
#6TansyrisPosted 1/16/2014 4:21:51 PM
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
Tansyris posted...

Maybe if it was "Hitman for PS4 and Xbox One" or "Hitman for PS4/Xbox One" or "Next Hitman" or anything actually logical, it would have been easier to read. The title isn't grammatically proper at all, so I don't want to hear this bulls***.
---
#7Ironman06Posted 1/16/2014 4:24:51 PM
Tansyris posted...
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
Tansyris posted...

Maybe if it was "Hitman for PS4 and Xbox One" or "Hitman for PS4/Xbox One" or "Next Hitman" or anything actually logical, it would have been easier to read. The title isn't grammatically proper at all, so I don't want to hear this bulls***.

As a sworn grammar sheriff, I can confirm that TC did, in fact, use the comma inappropriately. May God have mercy on his soul.
#8TansyrisPosted 1/16/2014 4:26:12 PM
Ironman06 posted...
Tansyris posted...
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
Tansyris posted...

As a sworn grammar sheriff, I can confirm that TC did, in fact, use the comma inappropriately. May God have mercy on his soul.

Indeed. I'm an English Major, so the high point of my day is finding problems like this. Not like I have a career waiting for me.
---
#9TMOGPosted 1/16/2014 4:26:14 PM
I think we all learned who the real troll here is today

It's Tansyris
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#10Ironman06Posted 1/16/2014 4:31:30 PM
TMOG posted...
I think we all learned who the real troll here is today

It's Tansyris

the problem is TC broke the segment of the topic "PS4 has sandbox levels" into an appositive by using commas the way he did. Thus, the title implies that the PS4 has Sandbox levels while the Xbox One has no checkpoints.

I understand that makes no sense, but that is what the topic implies. The proper syntax should have been. "Hitman for Xbox One and PS4 has sandbox levels, with no checkpoints."