Hitman for Xbox One, PS4 has sandbox levels, no checkpoints

#11Ch3wyPosted 1/16/2014 4:39:49 PM(edited)
Ironman06 posted...
TMOG posted...
I think we all learned who the real troll here is today

It's Tansyris

the problem is TC broke the segment of the topic "PS4 has sandbox levels" into an appositive by using commas the way he did. Thus, the title implies that the PS4 has Sandbox levels while the Xbox One has no checkpoints.

I understand that makes no sense, but that is what the topic implies. The proper syntax should have been. "Hitman for Xbox One and PS4 has sandbox levels, with no checkpoints."

It doesn't make any sense at all to interpret the sentence like that. Why would he be saying just "Hitman for Xbox One" as an independent clause?

And TC didn't even do any of that, Gamespot did. The name of the thread is the name of the article.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#12TansyrisPosted 1/16/2014 4:39:51 PM
TMOG posted...

It's Tansyris

I think you're confused.
---
GameFAQs PS4 Planetside 2 Outfit (join it!): http://tinylink.net/2lpu6
Indie games are not bad just because you are bad at them.
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 1/16/2014 4:58:31 PM
Tansyris posted...
TMOG posted...

It's scoobydoobydont

I think you're confused.

I know I am!

http://media1.giphy.com/media/RJyevv7jCDsqY/giphy.gif

Exciting news though!
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#14squarex8264Posted 1/16/2014 5:35:55 PM
Tansyris posted...
Ironman06 posted...

As a sworn grammar sheriff, I can confirm that TC did, in fact, use the comma inappropriately. May God have mercy on his soul.

Indeed. I'm an English Major, so the high point of my day is finding problems like this. Not like I have a career waiting for me.

I really can't tell if you guys are being serious or trolling the topic creator...

You do realize that in headlines, the use of the comma can be used to represent the word "and", right? This is done for brevity. The comma that the TC is using above is signifying "Xbox One and PS4"... nothing more. It was immediately obvious to me when I read it.

On topic, thanks for the link, TC.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#15zmousePosted 1/16/2014 5:42:17 PM
Hopefully they bring back customisation of loadouts during the story and not just contracts, my only problem with absolution.
#16TheodoreRBundyPosted 1/16/2014 6:08:07 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Ironman06 posted...
TMOG posted...

It's Tansyris

the problem is TC broke the segment of the topic "PS4 has sandbox levels" into an appositive by using commas the way he did. Thus, the title implies that the PS4 has Sandbox levels while the Xbox One has no checkpoints.

I understand that makes no sense, but that is what the topic implies. The proper syntax should have been. "Hitman for Xbox One and PS4 has sandbox levels, with no checkpoints."

It doesn't make any sense at all to interpret the sentence like that. Why would he be saying just "Hitman for Xbox One" as an independent clause?

And TC didn't even do any of that, Gamespot did. The name of the thread is the name of the article.

Exactly. It always boggles my mind when scenarios like this occur.

You live a sad life when you start correcting grammar on the internet.
---
I've got my own Wikipedia page!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Bundy
#17_Deadeye_CM_Posted 1/16/2014 6:11:32 PM
Tansyris posted...
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
Tansyris posted...
And on the PS4 board, the topic title was

"Hitman for PS4, Xbox One has sandbox levels, no checkpoints"

Just letting you all know so no one falls for the cheap troll. Step up your game, amateur.

Except TC did that specifically to counteract trolling. The comma is used because that's a list. You know, PS4, Xbox One. PS4 was first on the PS4 board so no one called TC an Xbox One fanboy. Xbox One was first on this board so no one called TC a Sony fanboy.

Yet, you still come in here with an act. I don't get it.... TC was sharing info about a multiplatform game on both boards. Calm down.

On topic, this sounds cool. I haven't played any of the Hitman games, but this does sound interesting.

Maybe if it was "Hitman for PS4 and Xbox One" or "Hitman for PS4/Xbox One" or "Next Hitman" or anything actually logical, it would have been easier to read. The title isn't grammatically proper at all, so I don't want to hear this bulls***.

That's also true, and to be honest, I clicked on this thread expecting some joke about the PS4 being superior. After reading the post, though, I realized what happened. I assume an English major such as yourself possesses the same critical thinking skills. However, you and I both know that you didn't read through the original post, hence your first reply.

What the hell are you going to do with your degree though, seriously? I can't imagine there being many options.
---
Not changing this until Dark Cloud gets another installment. Help out:
https://www.change.org/petitions/level-5-inc-bring-back-dark-cloud-for-the-ps4
#18archibald3Posted 1/16/2014 6:12:13 PM
Tansyris posted...
Ironman06 posted...
Tansyris posted...
_Deadeye_CM_ posted...
Tansyris posted...
And on the PS4 board, the topic title was

"Hitman for PS4, Xbox One has sandbox levels, no checkpoints"

Just letting you all know so no one falls for the cheap troll. Step up your game, amateur.

Except TC did that specifically to counteract trolling. The comma is used because that's a list. You know, PS4, Xbox One. PS4 was first on the PS4 board so no one called TC an Xbox One fanboy. Xbox One was first on this board so no one called TC a Sony fanboy.

Yet, you still come in here with an act. I don't get it.... TC was sharing info about a multiplatform game on both boards. Calm down.

On topic, this sounds cool. I haven't played any of the Hitman games, but this does sound interesting.

Maybe if it was "Hitman for PS4 and Xbox One" or "Hitman for PS4/Xbox One" or "Next Hitman" or anything actually logical, it would have been easier to read. The title isn't grammatically proper at all, so I don't want to hear this bulls***.

As a sworn grammar sheriff, I can confirm that TC did, in fact, use the comma inappropriately. May God have mercy on his soul.

Indeed. I'm an English Major, so the high point of my day is finding problems like this. Not like I have a career waiting for me.

Stop trying to start s%#@ ! If this is all you have to contribute go away and don`t come back.
#19skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 6:28:37 PM
Ironman06 posted...
TMOG posted...

It's Tansyris

I copied that from the article word for word so I didn't mess up any grammar Blame the professional write at Gamespot.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#20aray48Posted 1/16/2014 6:35:10 PM
HEY, you forgot PC in the title.