Xbox One best selling console in December in the US

#171SorbetowulfPosted 1/17/2014 4:55:10 AM
-Oath- posted...
deadmarv posted...
Yeah, but sales don't matter do they?

Sales matter only when it's convenient for them. When this blows over and a two million gap is confirmed, we'll be back to the "sales don't matter!" mentality.

It's both, and neither. Sales matter in Japan and North America. They have little impact in other areas of the world.

The bulk of game developers develop their games for a western market, and they develop their games for the Japanese market. Microsoft is content, for example, to let Sony crush them in Asia, because, for the most part, Japanese games won't see the light of day in the west, except in a few rare circumstances. Their gaming culture is a bit of a fish-bowl. What will sell like hotcakes there will leave a lot of western gamers scratching their heads saying "huh?"

North American sales are important because where North America goes, so go western developers. This would include the UK, and the major EU countries.

While Sony has a huge lead in worldwide sales, having parity in the US through December is huge for MS. It lets them point at their console and say to western developers, developing for a western market "we are a viable system to develop for." It doesn't matter to them if PS4 has an 80/20 lead in say... Lithuania. It means absolutely nothing. No developer is going to say "holy crap, Lithuania is staunchly PS4. We better make Sim Baltic Cuisine."

So while PS4 is leading overall sales (and this matters from a purely sales perspective), the parity in the NA market matters in terms of giving developers and publishers incentive to continue to support the XBone One.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#172benjimainPosted 1/17/2014 6:13:46 AM
Sorbetowulf posted...
So while PS4 is leading overall sales (and this matters from a purely sales perspective), the parity in the NA market matters in terms of giving developers and publishers incentive to continue to support the XBone One.

There is no parity. Honestly, how can people say this?: Do you people not read the context of a situation or like monkeys, can you only see the current numbers?

The PS4 is utterly unavailable and supply constrained, yet all its numbers sold and kept pace with the Xbox One, which is ubiquitous in game stores and readily available anywhere.

The PS4 blasted to 1m sales in a day in NA, whereas MS had to announce the same for all its territories as a "me too" when it dropped in its 13 territories.

The demand for the PS4 is undeniably much greater and as soon as stocks come in, it will show.

People here are celebrating outselling an unavailable console. It's embarrassing and pathetic.
#173AvirosbPosted 1/17/2014 6:23:12 AM
fallange posted...
KingCafe posted...
Correction: Best selling Entertainment System

It's not really a gaming console.

My car has a radio, I guess it is not a car.
You got that right, it's a mobile multimedia device.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#174blitz_0623Posted 1/17/2014 6:33:06 AM
OandA_Pest posted...
Lol

*wonders if TC knows why*

Eh, I'll just let it go. You'll figure it out eventually.

Doesn't matter if PS4's are out of stock and can't meet demand. This shows people are still interested in buying the Xbox One.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#175Exodus_PrimePosted 1/17/2014 7:31:26 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Pee Ess 4 got Xboned!

Yes,yes it did.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#176benjimainPosted 1/17/2014 7:56:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#177scoobydoobydontPosted 1/17/2014 7:59:37 AM
benjimain posted...
Lol yeah being outsold when unavailable. So Xboned!

Come back when it's done and the PS4's are clogging up game stores like the Bone is up and down the country.

Come back when you're not dead last.

As a Sony fan, you'd know about dead last wouldn't you? Seven long years...
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#178Exodus_PrimePosted 1/17/2014 8:06:13 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
benjimain posted...
Lol yeah being outsold when unavailable. So Xboned!

Come back when it's done and the PS4's are clogging up game stores like the Bone is up and down the country.

Come back when you're not dead last.

As a Sony fan, you'd know about dead last wouldn't you? Seven long years...

Seven...Long....Years?

Ouch...
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#179gojin84Posted 1/17/2014 8:11:40 AM
am, I'm glad I didn't go with Sony.

I wouldn't want to be associated with these kinds if people. They're like those reddit atheists. Such Euphoric.
---
This message will self-destruct in 5...4...3...2...BOOM!
PSN: greyhound9001
#180ejay8320Posted 1/17/2014 8:15:23 AM
mhunterchump posted...
OandA_Pest posted...
Lol

*wonders if TC knows why*

Eh, I'll just let it go. You'll figure it out eventually.

Lol, no reasons can change this fact.

If I had 20 oranges to sell and you had 10 apples to sell in a month, even if you sold out you're 10 apples before I sold all of my oranges, the fact is I sold more fruit than you, period.

This is what the NPD for fruit sales for our month would say:

Oranges - 20
Apples - 10

Oranges would be the best selling fruit for the month.

You running out of product has nothing to do with a total sales in a time frame report.

The true fact is that both sold really well.

Yes, Yes, Oranges sold more but guess what there's another 30 people waiting for apples...