Xbox One bestselling console in US last month, NPD says

#1BobberdongPosted 1/16/2014 6:08:15 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/16/5317238/xbox-one-bestselling-console-in-us-last-month-npd-says
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#2BoomerHelllPosted 1/16/2014 6:09:54 PM
#Dealwithit
#3gojin84Posted 1/16/2014 6:22:28 PM
Prepare for the anti X1ers.
---
This message will self-destruct in 5...4...3...2...BOOM!
PSN: greyhound9001
#4thedivineslaserPosted 1/16/2014 8:01:16 PM
Not trying to be anti-X1 but PS4 was pretty much sold out the whole month so I would consider it more of a supply issue on Sony's side than X1 "winning"
---
<3 Mit allem dein Herz <3
Sheath your e-wangs, we are friends here.
#5BongbuddyPosted 1/16/2014 8:05:02 PM
thedivineslaser posted...
Not trying to be anti-X1 but PS4 was pretty much sold out the whole month so I would consider it more of a supply issue on Sony's side than X1 "winning"

Yeah it's totally that and not the fact that PSBore has no gaems.
---
GT: HeavyMetalSonic
#6Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/16/2014 8:07:45 PM
NPD's credible now? No seriously people keep flip flopping in them and VGcharts i just can't keep up anymore...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#7squarex8264Posted 1/16/2014 8:10:48 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
NPD's credible now? No seriously people keep flip flopping in them and VGcharts i just can't keep up anymore...

Um, yes?

NPD is very credible, especially when you compare it to VGchartz which is far less credible with its numbers. NPD is used and quoted by the industry.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#8krillensPosted 1/16/2014 8:11:52 PM
Bongbuddy posted...
thedivineslaser posted...

Yeah it's totally that and not the fact that PSBore has no gaems.

whether your opinion is right or wrong, it doesnt negate the fact that PS4s are sold out everywhere

#dealwithit =/
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
PS4 | Wii U | 3DS
#9TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/16/2014 8:12:55 PM

NDP's credibility is never really in question. Though I'm sure it is on the Sony boards after this.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#10EnclavePosted 1/16/2014 8:23:46 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...

NDP's credibility is never really in question. Though I'm sure it is on the Sony boards after this.

Ah, so the numbers come from NDP, a topic I read on the PS4 board was talking about some IGN article that they didn't link to and made it sound like it was about the Xbone having higher sales dollars but lower system sales overall, as in consumers spent more on buying the Xbone consoles than consumers spent on PS4 systems, just made it sound like click bait.

Of course this isn't much better. NDP numbers are about as accurate as you can get, however they track units shipped, not units sold to consumers. I'm also unsure if NDP tracks outside the USA, and finally with the supply constraints the numbers simply don't mean much other than being something Microsoft can brag about even though it's relatively meaningless.

Personally I'd be far more interested in the numbers this time next year, those will actually have some real meaning behind them.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.