Xbox One bestselling console in US last month, NPD says

#11Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/16/2014 8:25:43 PM
Nah NPD isn't consoles shipped.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#12xxtasy911Posted 1/16/2014 8:32:12 PM
Yet the PS4 has still sold more worldwide in total...
#13EnclavePosted 1/16/2014 8:32:36 PM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

Kind of has to be since its pretty much impossible to keep track of all consoles sold at every retailer.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#14Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/16/2014 8:37:45 PM
Enclave posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

Kind of has to be since its pretty much impossible to keep track of all consoles sold at every retailer.

Well it isn't and this isn't even new. People did this same thing last gen as far as taking what they reported and posting it and then the results always turned into a huge argument lol. I mean that's a big reason why a lot of people look forward to those numbers instead of what the companies report.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#15snowboard340Posted 1/16/2014 8:39:29 PM
Enclave posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

i lol'd.
#16EnclavePosted 1/16/2014 8:45:45 PM(edited)
snowboard340 posted...

i lol'd.

It's true though, retailers aren't required to detail each individual sale of an item and report it to NPD. Note, I'm not saying the numbers are meaningless, retailers don't order what they don't think they can sell after all.

Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
Enclave posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

Well it isn't and this isn't even new. People did this same thing last gen as far as taking what they reported and posting it and then the results always turned into a huge argument lol. I mean that's a big reason why a lot of people look forward to those numbers instead of what the companies report.

Well people shouldn't look forward to those numbers, at least not this early on, they're pretty meaningless. Like I said, this time next year and they'll have meaning.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#17gojin84Posted 1/16/2014 8:46:07 PM
krillens posted...
Bongbuddy posted...
thedivineslaser posted...
Not trying to be anti-X1 but PS4 was pretty much sold out the whole month so I would consider it more of a supply issue on Sony's side than X1 "winning"

Yeah it's totally that and not the fact that PSBore has no gaems.

whether your opinion is right or wrong, it doesnt negate the fact that PS4s are sold out everywhere

#dealwithit =/

No it isn't. I could probably pick one up this weekend if I had the money.
---
This message will self-destruct in 5...4...3...2...BOOM!
PSN: greyhound9001
#18Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/16/2014 8:50:03 PM(edited)
Their numbers aren't shipped and this has been known for ages. What would be the point in them even reporting that?

MS and every other company in the business seem to think they mean a lot. I mean it's a monthly report and that's what is posted and then at the end of the year there's also a report for that. That is what it is. It obviously isn't saying this month equals what will happen forever.
---
#19godslayer61Posted 1/17/2014 1:02:52 AM
life need 1 , Sony is demolishing them in overall sales and there is still japan were that is a minimum 1 -2 million more sold .
---
ps3-ps4-vita-psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975----------http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#20archibald3Posted 1/17/2014 1:09:47 AM
Enclave posted...
snowboard340 posted...

i lol'd.

It's true though, retailers aren't required to detail each individual sale of an item and report it to NPD. Note, I'm not saying the numbers are meaningless, retailers don't order what they don't think they can sell after all.

Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
Enclave posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...

Well people shouldn't look forward to those numbers, at least not this early on, they're pretty meaningless. Like I said, this time next year and they'll have meaning.

So you start out saying this is just consoles shipped - which it isn`t. You obviously dont know what your talking about - then you change your tune to it doesn`t matter. Way to present a strong case for you just needing to go back to the Sony board.