Xbox One bestselling console in US last month, NPD says

#21BeefEasterPosted 1/17/2014 1:16:16 AM
I guess one topic on this subject filled with arguing fanboys just wasn't enough....
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#22-Oath-Posted 1/17/2014 1:19:56 AM
Congrats Xbox. Despite the good news, the gap has widened... if this is Xbox at its best... not looking so good.
---
3DS FC: JMO 0834-1793-8249
#23deadmarvPosted 1/17/2014 2:11:28 AM
Huh, I thought sales don't matter.
#24Bobberdong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 7:09:23 AM
deadmarv posted...

Since when?
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#25Mindwipe77Posted 1/17/2014 8:06:25 AM
noone could find ps4 in dec, has nothing to do with xbox being a better console
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#26Bobberdong(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 8:39:26 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...
noone could find ps4 in dec, has nothing to do with xbox being a better console

The article never states that either console is better than the other.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#27deadmarvPosted 1/17/2014 11:25:36 AM
Bobberdong posted...
deadmarv posted...

Since when?

Since before that article. When anyone posted an article stating the PS4 sold more, the xb2 fans and fanboys would post "sales don't matter". I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.
#28SonyPonyTonyPosted 1/17/2014 12:53:46 PM
Shocking since PS4 is $100 cheaper
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#29ejay8320Posted 1/17/2014 1:01:32 PM
Shiro-RedWind- posted...
Owning the unholy trinity (WiiU/Ps4/X1 because you know, fans don't think it's possible to have all three or something) I just came into this topic shaking my head and wanted to drop a few things I remember and a question; flexible or not.

When this all started and Microsoft dropped the proverbial soap, everybody in Sony camp was pretty much like " BOOM HEADSHOT ". Now we turn around and X1 is selling units and keeping up a good pace in a long and soon to be 10 year race. (10 years being the expectancy of each console).

So moving from that we get to issue A: Sales don't matter.

The second Sony fans were throwing their hands up at 1 MIL in NA alone, a feat that you can't arguably deny is beyond impressive considering MS is Western based and this is their turf, Microsoft fans went " We'll see what Xbox does, cross our fingers. " But when Xbox 1 sold 1MIL in 13 locations around the globe. People were like " SUCK IT SUCK IT YES XBOX STILL IN THIS! " Now I'll admit. 1MIL considering what people claimed (a total blow out) is impressive. But comparing 1MIL in your OWN backyard to 1MIL everywhere else is like comparing 45 homeruns in one baseball game. To 45 homeruns over the span of a career. Yeah it's 45 homeruns either way. But it's more impressive to see it in one sitting than over a life time. At that point you're just being a " Mr. Me Too " to throw your achievement there.

Which brings me to issue B: The flip flop.

Both sides do it and both are really out of place for it. But somebody else said it best.

When sales don't matter it's when PS4 has any solid ground, lead, positive momentum, etc. Or Xbox has some announcement of success and catching up to the trail left by Ps4. But if somebody finds one nugget to cling on ( NPD numbers being higher. OOS. 1MIL. Voted best console on X, Y, Z sites. whatever ) it always ends up being " We win because bigger this bigger that. "

Which goes to my last issue C: Denial

The bottom line is as a gamer everyone here should WANT to see both consoles thrive. Even if you have some brand loyalty you shouldn't be so naive to pretend that the success of one console and the potential failure of another is a good thing. Pretending that facts stop being facts for today until your console choice gets good news is just ridiculous.

So what in the #*$* is all the back and forth about? Really, honestly tell me somebody. Because the way I see it, every argument or defense from either side, about any aspect is utterly ridiculous and trivial.

And to the people going " Outselling is Outselling " for this particular instance because you want a bone in the dish for your camp? You look foolish. If Outselling is Outselling then the fact that the PS4 right now is outselling the X1 globally should leave reason for no challenge or debate. Yet again, we come to issue A and B the flip flop. Where now, it's not a matter of PS4 outselling anymore, but a matter of accepting that X1 did it in a specific month. It's ridiculous. Everybody in here, Ps4 and Xbox sides will try to throw logic and facts under a bus to be right. All to gain nothing from either company for it other than games for profit.

Disgusting.

This deserves a repost from this thread:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68351575