Question about Kinect placement.

#1slyman19Posted 1/16/2014 5:09:18 PM
If my room is smaller, should Kinect be placed on top of the TV or below it? I want to buy a PS4 camera, but was wondering which I should put on top of the TV.
#2SythisTaruPosted 1/16/2014 5:16:08 PM
Put Kinect on top, because it is best. Put Ps4 on bottom, because it's worst.
#3aray48Posted 1/16/2014 5:18:04 PM
I wouldn't risk putting such a large, heavy, and expensive device on top of the TV where it can easily fall.
#4slyman19(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 5:19:34 PM
aray48 posted...
I wouldn't risk putting such a large, heavy, and expensive device on top of the TV where it can easily fall.

I was going to get a mount.
#5FinzFan4lifePosted 1/16/2014 7:30:16 PM
aray48 posted...

Common sense ain't so common huh?
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#6DugFreezPosted 1/17/2014 12:51:46 AM
I just moved my Kinect for the Xbox One from below my TV to on my TV with the TV mount. I also have a small room (not very deep). I was really surprised at how the Kinect seemed to be pointed down so far. When you look at it on my TV it looks as if it would be pointed straight at the floor.

I would think it should be adjusted so I could stand up (in my play area) and it see my whole body when my arms are reaching up. That can be achieved but it seem that the Kinect would rather just see me from the head down (while standing) and a ton of floor area in front of me.

PS: The TV mount is very nice. I was having a hard time finding them in stock on-line (hence the $40+ price tags you see on them at ebay and from 3rd party sellers on Amazon), but I found one at my local Walmart for the MSRP of $20.