XB1 headset

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. XB1 headset

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
3 years ago#1
Is this thing just complete trash or am I doing something wrong? No volume comes through it at all. Is it strictly chat purpose or is game volume supposed to be heard?
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
How Bout Them Denver Broncos!!

User Info: thedon

thedon
3 years ago#2
I thought the same thing check your settings you maybe using the Kinect as a mic.
Gamertag & PSN:TheDon0926 3DS FC:3153-4535-7030
N.O.D U Figure it out

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
3 years ago#3
Makes sure the headset is getting power pressing the mute button to see if there`s an orange light. The only audio the headset supports is chat.

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
3 years ago#4
slyman19 posted...
Makes sure the headset is getting power pressing the mute button to see if there`s an orange light. The only audio the headset supports is chat.

That explains it. Yes mute light turns on and off and up and down volume makes a beep. Only works for chat is what I expected. Any actual headsets work for XB1??
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
How Bout Them Denver Broncos!!

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
3 years ago#5
RS_YELARAKA posted...
slyman19 posted...

That explains it. Yes mute light turns on and off and up and down volume makes a beep. Only works for chat is what I expected. Any actual headsets work for XB1??

In Feb. Turtle Beach will release some chat/audio headsets for $100 and $150.

Also as far as I understand it, Microsoft will release an adapter so XB360 headsets can work on the XBO in Feb.

User Info: TheSilentRaven

TheSilentRaven
3 years ago#6
I hope I can use my X12s. I had to buy a new set.

User Info: bgwilly255

bgwilly255
3 years ago#7
Wait.. So my wireless turtle beach headset doesn't work with my X1? I haven't tried it yet.
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.

User Info: motoraptor

motoraptor
3 years ago#8
You can use existing headsets so long as they connect to the One by optical cable
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif

User Info: kingbahamut83

kingbahamut83
3 years ago#9
motoraptor posted...
You can use existing headsets so long as they connect to the One by optical cable

won't have chat until that adapter comes out though.
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. XB1 headset

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived