If you have Windows 7 or higher you can "play to" the Xbox One (and 360) from PC

#31BansDontWorkPosted 1/17/2014 9:29:24 AM
Oh, I better just go and buy Win7 just so I can use this excellent service on this excellent console... OH WAIT, I dont need to do this because the previous Console does all this and more!
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#32EllesarienPosted 1/17/2014 9:33:07 AM
PutHaggarInSF posted...
Didn't know this worked for music. Nice. Thanks for posting, my man.

Ya..let's get this back on point and just ignore the trolls.

I can actually use this info so thanks for the update TC. Did not know this.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#33aszsithPosted 1/17/2014 9:43:01 AM
yanksfan4247 posted...
knightimex posted...
kind of pointless

Literally isn't pointless at all. Especially for people that don't own PCs anymore. W8 or Android tablet/phone and boom any music or movies you own on that can be sent to your TV.

People lack imagination when it comes to using these features. People have been complaining that you can't rip music to your XBOne for custom soundtracks. Well, using this feature, you can Snap music to the side bar. And with the eventually audio control patch for Snap, they'll be able to get all of the functionality they want without having to fill the XBOne hdd with the files.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#34PudgeisafishPosted 1/17/2014 9:48:08 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
knightimex posted...
lol,
kind of pointless

I'll just stick to playing said things on PC.
No point in using more power to do something so meaningless.

Great for you, but you just posted something so meaningless. Number one problem with GameFAQs posters. Someone posts some useful info, then smug poster replies FOR NO REASON but to show how smug and uncool he is.

Thanks for the info, TC.

Saving money on the electric bill is uncool?

Getting the most out of what you bought is cool.

What kind of response is that? Haha, too funny.
#35-FryShakeWad-Posted 1/17/2014 9:54:10 AM
These trolls are starting to reach for the stars.

Thanks for the suggestion OP.
#36CapwnD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 10:12:46 AM
Rod1984 posted...
doesnt always work with all my video files, xbox 360, ps3, etc played all my files, skifta, bubbleunpn or whatever the heck its called and the "play to" feature works mainly with just avi files and even then its buggy as hell, like I was watching fresh prince then it bugs out and I try to play it and it just says cannot render playlist and theres nothing much i can really do after that

True, it's not going to work with everything. There's no perfect option . People say to just hook up a PC to the TV, which is great but I know for a fact most people are doing it wrong, as in not getting a good upscaled image like the consoles would do. For 1080p or 720p material it would be fine but not for sub-720 stuff.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#37CapwnD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 10:18:48 AM
BansDontWork posted...
Oh, I better just go and buy Win7 just so I can use this excellent service on this excellent console... OH WAIT, I dont need to do this because the previous Console does all this and more!

Actually you can "play to" on the xbox 360 as well, using Windows 7 or 8. But whatever. I know you can do that if you set up a streaming server, but you don't need to do that with windows 7 or 8.

And for music, it's nice to be able to browse from PC and send it to your console, which is most likely hooked up to the nice home theater sound system. The only way you could "play to" that I know of was to use Fullblast on an IOS device, where it would let you browse the music from the device.
---
#38CapwnD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 10:21:10 AM(edited)
In a dorm situation, or with roomates or family, this could be pretty funny... send a troll video to some random person who's on the same network. I'm pretty sure it stops whatever the person is doing and just starts playing the video or song.
---