Does anyone seriously think Xbox One can outsell PS4 in NA?

#11Paul_Atreides(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 11:13:41 PM
teehee23 posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
aszsith posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
LTD? All I hear is that the US is Microsoft territory and that the Xbox One will win the US.

Well, the numbers are in for December, and with PS4 completely sold out, and Xbox One having ample supply, Xbox One only sold like 10k more than PS4. PS4 is the best selling next gen console in the US through the first holiday season.

So as PS4 gets more stock in NA, does anyone even have any doubt that NA is Sony Land this gen?

I've bolded the parts which answered your question. Thank you for saving me from having to type it out for you.

You miss the LTD part? And if PS4 wasn't sold out it probably would have decimated Xbox One sales.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, blah, blah, blah.
You can speculate all you want but Xbox #1 is the best selling console in December.

As for the topic= Xbox #1 has aces to play: no Kinect model and a price drop while ps4 has no such ammo. Xbox #1 could do it and wins!

But I thought Microsoft would NEVER drop the Kinect? It's vital, right? Necessary? Will you be happy when Kinect is dropped because Xbox One will sell more, or unhappy because all those developers can't count on Kinect in every box? Flippity flop.
#12Omega_BlackPosted 1/16/2014 11:15:21 PM
teehee23 posted...
As for the topic= Xbox #1 has aces to play: no Kinect model and a price drop while ps4 has no such ammo. Xbox #1 could do it and wins!
Don't think for one second that Sony wouldn't match or, more likely, surpass Microsoft in a pricing war if push came to shove.

Microsoft dropping the Kinect albatross (not likely in my opinion) would realistically net a $100 drop. Massive savings to be sure, but if Sony decided to drop even $50 it would look better once again and result in only a short term gain for MS at best.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#13Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/16/2014 11:17:19 PM
As far as I know it was never announced that it only sold 10k more but yes it could end up selling more once that 500.00 tag comes down. The 360 dominated the PS3 in the US so yeah once it becomes cheaper it could do the same.

I don't know why so many people are broken hearted about it selling more than PS4 in the US in December dough. There were obviously stock problems for PS4 but 900k didn't buy an Xbox One just because some couldn't get a PS4. Get out of here with that idiocy.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#14mrpicPosted 1/16/2014 11:20:05 PM
no ifs or buts about it op

xbox will sell more in north america

when this gen is over you will likely see double or more xbox consoles sold in NA

furthermore xbox one within the year will be the lead console of this generation
#15bessy67Posted 1/16/2014 11:20:15 PM
Omega_Black posted...
teehee23 posted...
Don't think for one second that Sony wouldn't match or, more likely, surpass Microsoft in a pricing war if push came to shove.

They wouldn't. Sony doesn't have the same amount of financial security that MS does. They wouldn't be able to afford taking more of a loss on hardware. But I wouldn't expect a price drop from either any time soon, so it's kind of a moot point.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#16Paul_Atreides(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 11:24:54 PM
bessy67 posted...
Omega_Black posted...
teehee23 posted...

They wouldn't. Sony doesn't have the same amount of financial security that MS does. They wouldn't be able to afford taking more of a loss on hardware. But I wouldn't expect a price drop from either any time soon, so it's kind of a moot point.

Sony doesn't need to respond to a Xbox One price cut. Did Nintendo drop the price of the Wii when 360 and PS3 got price cuts? Lol. Sony has the hot product. They can throw a game and PS+ in there at $399 and call it a day.
#17benjimainPosted 1/16/2014 11:29:34 PM
garcia_jx posted...
Sony should have better production facilities

You do realise that the PS4 spread its production, which is probably the same as MS', further around the world right? All you need to know is the PS4 is 1.2m ahead and sold out while the Bone sits on shelves.

And the fact that a supply constrained console kept pace with something in abundance on shelves, in its strongest territory last gen, is just laughable!

Once the PS4 restocks it's going to be BARBARIC!
#18benjimainPosted 1/16/2014 11:32:46 PM
bessy67 posted...

Don't think the Xbox brand has unlimited money either, naive little girl. Shareholders have had their fill with the division.

Secondly, you're wrong about your assertion that Sony can't outpace MS. You see the PS4 has newer tech with its GDDR5, whereas Bone tech is kinda older, so the PS4's cost of parts is going to drop more quickly as time goes on, allowing Sony to outpace MS at every turn.
#19FriedLemonPosted 1/16/2014 11:34:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20FinzFan4lifePosted 1/16/2014 11:38:11 PM
Paul_Atreides posted...
aszsith posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
LTD? All I hear is that the US is Microsoft territory and that the Xbox One will win the US.

Well, the numbers are in for December, and with PS4 completely sold out, and Xbox One having ample supply, Xbox One only sold like 10k more than PS4. PS4 is the best selling next gen console in the US through the first holiday season.

So as PS4 gets more stock in NA, does anyone even have any doubt that NA is Sony Land this gen?

I've bolded the parts which answered your question. Thank you for saving me from having to type it out for you.

You miss the LTD part? And if PS4 wasn't sold out it probably would have decimated Xbox One sales.

If Xbox launched it 50 territories they would have sold just as many see I can stupid comments with no evidence to back it.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012