Does anyone seriously think Xbox One can outsell PS4 in NA?

#21teehee23Posted 1/16/2014 11:43:41 PM(edited)
Paul_Atreides posted...
bessy67 posted...
Omega_Black posted...
teehee23 posted...
As for the topic= Xbox #1 has aces to play: no Kinect model and a price drop while ps4 has no such ammo. Xbox #1 could do it and wins!
Don't think for one second that Sony wouldn't match or, more likely, surpass Microsoft in a pricing war if push came to shove.

They wouldn't. Sony doesn't have the same amount of financial security that MS does. They wouldn't be able to afford taking more of a loss on hardware. But I wouldn't expect a price drop from either any time soon, so it's kind of a moot point.

Sony doesn't need to respond to a Xbox One price cut. Did Nintendo drop the price of the Wii when 360 and PS3 got price cuts? Lol. Sony has the hot product. They can throw a game and PS+ in there at $399 and call it a day.

Nah.
December is the BIG sales month and Xbox #1 did win. Microsoft won too because Xbox360 far outsold ps3. And Microsoft sold much more software, did you see the low, low sales for Gran Turismo for ps3?

PS4 will pick up a good lead when it launches in Japan but HALO and Titanfall for Xbox #1 will move the lead back to Xbox #1. And don't forget Kinect Sports Rivals. If Microsoft includes that as a pack in then soccer moms everywhere will buy it.

That is nice.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#22Paul_Atreides(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 11:40:22 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
aszsith posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
LTD? All I hear is that the US is Microsoft territory and that the Xbox One will win the US.

Well, the numbers are in for December, and with PS4 completely sold out, and Xbox One having ample supply, Xbox One only sold like 10k more than PS4. PS4 is the best selling next gen console in the US through the first holiday season.

So as PS4 gets more stock in NA, does anyone even have any doubt that NA is Sony Land this gen?

I've bolded the parts which answered your question. Thank you for saving me from having to type it out for you.

You miss the LTD part? And if PS4 wasn't sold out it probably would have decimated Xbox One sales.

If Xbox launched it 50 territories they would have sold just as many see I can stupid comments with no evidence to back it.

Yeah because the Xbox brand is hugely popular around the world. Also, I'm talking about US sales - PS4 has sold more in the US than Xbox One.
#23Omega_BlackPosted 1/16/2014 11:45:37 PM
bessy67 posted...
They wouldn't.
They would. Alternatively, they would offer incentives to justify choosing PS4 over XBO as the TC stated.

Sony doesn't have the same amount of financial security that MS does.
The Xbox division is in trouble too. It has not made a profit since its inception.

There have even been talks of it being greatly downsized or even sold off entirely, although I seriously doubt the latter will occur. Convenient that you omit that information...

In short, Sony is committed to the PlayStation brand as its path to future success. It will do what it needs to do to ensure it remains competitive.

They wouldn't be able to afford taking more of a loss on hardware.
Yes, it could and it would do it simply because it can make those losses back in game licensing and numerous other PS4 associated services.

But I wouldn't expect a price drop from either any time soon, so it's kind of a moot point.
Then why bring it up? Ah yes, to gloat, lol...
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#24benjimainPosted 1/16/2014 11:51:41 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
If Xbox launched it 50 territories they would have sold just as many

Yes because Portugal, as an example of one of those extra territories, with their contribution of a titanic 21k PS4s sold towards the 4.2m, clearly made such a difference!

Face it, most of the PS4s sold, did so in the same major territories the Bone is released in. Those extra territories wouldn't have made a difference, especially since MS is mostly hated worldwide.
#25bessy67Posted 1/16/2014 11:52:28 PM
Omega_Black posted...
bessy67 posted...
They wouldn't.
They would. Alternatively, they would offer incentives to justify choosing PS4 over XBO as the TC stated.

Sony doesn't have the same amount of financial security that MS does.
The Xbox division is in trouble too. It has not made a profit since its inception.

There have even been talks of it being greatly downsized or even sold off entirely, although I seriously doubt the latter will occur. Convenient that you omit that information...

In short, Sony is committed to the PlayStation brand as its path to future success. It will do what it needs to do to ensure it remains competitive.

They wouldn't be able to afford taking more of a loss on hardware.
Yes, it could and it would do it simply because it can make those losses back in game licensing and numerous other PS4 associated services.

But I wouldn't expect a price drop from either any time soon, so it's kind of a moot point.
Then why bring it up? Ah yes, to gloat, lol...

Wait, how do you figure I brought it up? And how do you figure it's gloating? I was just responding to another post. If MS drops the price of Xbox One, I don't see Sony following suit unless their manufacturing costs have also dropped since they don't have the financial cushion that MS does. That's all I said. How is that statement so controversial?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#26beerlover425Posted 1/16/2014 11:53:52 PM
I don't think it has to outsell the PS4 to be successful. I almost settled on the ps4 because the price difference. When I think of the wii, I see that cheaper garners more sales.

Just like there is room for macs in the pc world, there are room for more than one console. I do not understand why people want the xbox to fail. it isn't going to, so fanboys have to redefine success based on how many consoles sold, and it is absurd.

Without competition, console gaming would suck. MS is the reason Sony has trophies, for instance. if they are both doing well, they have to constantly up their game to draw customers.

EA has a monopoly on NFL and NCAA games. They feel very similar, and Madden on xbox one looks lazy. They can get away with this because there is no competition.

I think because of price, the ps4 will get more sales. Most gamers who buy consoles are casuals and don't know or care about native 1080p in gaming. The arguments on gaming boards do not represent your average console consumer. It seems like sony fanboys care more about how well the system sells then liking their own console. At the moment, the ps4 is not worth getting IMO. The xbox one has a strong launch, much better than the 360.
#27Paul_Atreides(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 11:59:40 PM
beerlover425 posted...
I don't think it has to outsell the PS4 to be successful. I almost settled on the ps4 because the price difference. When I think of the wii, I see that cheaper garners more sales.

Just like there is room for macs in the pc world, there are room for more than one console. I do not understand why people want the xbox to fail. it isn't going to, so fanboys have to redefine success based on how many consoles sold, and it is absurd.

Without competition, console gaming would suck. MS is the reason Sony has trophies, for instance. if they are both doing well, they have to constantly up their game to draw customers.

EA has a monopoly on NFL and NCAA games. They feel very similar, and Madden on xbox one looks lazy. They can get away with this because there is no competition.

I think because of price, the ps4 will get more sales. Most gamers who buy consoles are casuals and don't know or care about native 1080p in gaming. The arguments on gaming boards do not represent your average console consumer. It seems like sony fanboys care more about how well the system sells then liking their own console. At the moment, the ps4 is not worth getting IMO. The xbox one has a strong launch, much better than the 360.

Monopoly on Madden? No. The game sold almost exactly the same on PS4 vs Xbox One. Also, NCAA video games aren't even a thing anymore starting this year.
#28JK8289Posted 1/17/2014 12:05:57 AM
Another who gives a sh*t topic
---
GT: KillerIsHere828
#29LostOdyssey17Posted 1/17/2014 12:07:55 AM
It is unfortunate that Sony will probably win simply because it is $100 cheaper. Really sad; though Sony should have charged $450 for the PS4.
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.
#30KcrackPosted 1/17/2014 12:08:32 AM
garcia_jx posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
aszsith posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
LTD? All I hear is that the US is Microsoft territory and that the Xbox One will win the US.

Well, the numbers are in for December, and with PS4 completely sold out, and Xbox One having ample supply, Xbox One only sold like 10k more than PS4. PS4 is the best selling next gen console in the US through the first holiday season.

So as PS4 gets more stock in NA, does anyone even have any doubt that NA is Sony Land this gen?

I've bolded the parts which answered your question. Thank you for saving me from having to type it out for you.

You miss the LTD part? And if PS4 wasn't sold out it probably would have decimated Xbox One sales.

Sony should have better production facilities

As of the Dec 31st they've already sold 1.2 million more PS4's than Xbones (most likely higher now). How do expect them to just produce more? Magic? I don't think you understand just how high the demand is for it.