Does anyone seriously think Xbox One can outsell PS4 in NA?

#31beerlover425Posted 1/16/2014 11:08:49 PM
Paul_Atreides posted...
beerlover425 posted...
I don't think it has to outsell the PS4 to be successful. I almost settled on the ps4 because the price difference. When I think of the wii, I see that cheaper garners more sales.

Just like there is room for macs in the pc world, there are room for more than one console. I do not understand why people want the xbox to fail. it isn't going to, so fanboys have to redefine success based on how many consoles sold, and it is absurd.

Without competition, console gaming would suck. MS is the reason Sony has trophies, for instance. if they are both doing well, they have to constantly up their game to draw customers.

EA has a monopoly on NFL and NCAA games. They feel very similar, and Madden on xbox one looks lazy. They can get away with this because there is no competition.

I think because of price, the ps4 will get more sales. Most gamers who buy consoles are casuals and don't know or care about native 1080p in gaming. The arguments on gaming boards do not represent your average console consumer. It seems like sony fanboys care more about how well the system sells then liking their own console. At the moment, the ps4 is not worth getting IMO. The xbox one has a strong launch, much better than the 360.

Monopoly on Madden? No. The game sold almost exactly the same on PS4 vs Xbox One. Also, NCAA video games aren't even a thing anymore starting this year.

You missed my point. I am saying Madden sucks because they have no competition. Also, looking at the venturebeat.com site that yas been posted, it says: Surprisingly, the Madden NFL 25 sold better on xbox one than playstation 3 or playstation 4.

I am not certain wherr you received your false information frok, but I trust this article more than a guy who couldn't comprehend my point. I was not typing in a foreign language, yet you got it wrong, then gave faulty info. You're not the type of person I will argue with because you provide poor information and have trouble understanding what people are trying to say.
#32Omega_BlackPosted 1/16/2014 11:24:47 PM
bessy67 posted...
Wait, how do you figure I brought it up? And how do you figure it's gloating?
That was my error. teehee brought up the point, not you. My apologies.

I was just responding to another post.
I know because it was my post.

If MS drops the price of Xbox One, I don't see Sony following suit unless their manufacturing costs have also dropped since they don't have the financial cushion that MS does. That's all I said. How is that statement so controversial?
It is "controversial" as you put it because you claim that Sony will not engage in a pricing war in the event Microsoft decides to slash its price based on Sony's financial security (or lack thereof) and manufacturing costs.

That is false as is clearly shown by how Sony maneuvered itself throughout the early years of the PS3: dropping the price to remain competitive despite the still very expensive manufacturing costs of the PS3 being present, even without PS2 playback.

By your logic, even though Sony had a better "cushion" then because of PS2's phenomenal success, it still should not have dropped the price due to manufacturing costs still being very high for PS3 and your general rule of not being able to match Microsoft's reserves.

My point is, Sony will do what it needs to do. If Microsoft decided to make a drastic maneuver, remove Kinect and slash the price to say $399, then there is nothing stopping Sony from taking a simple half step to $349 and still look pretty.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#33METALINGUS5150Posted 1/16/2014 11:26:59 PM
Nothing is impossible.
#34CapwnDPosted 1/16/2014 11:27:07 PM
Oh wow an astute alt that wasn't banned?

I thought that kid gave up. Apparently he's still making troll topics that people gobble right up.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#35-Oath-Posted 1/16/2014 11:36:35 PM
Correction. Xbox is the best selling console in the US for December. Let's see those global statistics.
---
3DS FC: JMO 0834-1793-8249
#36majinbuu58Posted 1/16/2014 11:41:42 PM
Omega_Black posted...
teehee23 posted...
As for the topic= Xbox #1 has aces to play: no Kinect model and a price drop while ps4 has no such ammo. Xbox #1 could do it and wins!
Don't think for one second that Sony wouldn't match or, more likely, surpass Microsoft in a pricing war if push came to shove.

Microsoft dropping the Kinect albatross (not likely in my opinion) would realistically net a $100 drop. Massive savings to be sure, but if Sony decided to drop even $50 it would look better once again and result in only a short term gain for MS at best.

Sony can't afford a price war. They're already having a ton of financial problems
#37MilesTeg420Posted 1/16/2014 11:52:57 PM
-Oath- posted...
Correction. Xbox is the best selling console in the US for December. Let's see those global statistics.

Time for Xbox Family?
#38Omega_BlackPosted 1/16/2014 11:53:50 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
Omega_Black posted...
teehee23 posted...
As for the topic= Xbox #1 has aces to play: no Kinect model and a price drop while ps4 has no such ammo. Xbox #1 could do it and wins!
Don't think for one second that Sony wouldn't match or, more likely, surpass Microsoft in a pricing war if push came to shove.

Microsoft dropping the Kinect albatross (not likely in my opinion) would realistically net a $100 drop. Massive savings to be sure, but if Sony decided to drop even $50 it would look better once again and result in only a short term gain for MS at best.

Sony can't afford a price war. They're already having a ton of financial problems
Affording and actually doing are two entirely different things.

Do you seriously believe Sony would allow Microsoft to approach, let alone undercut it in regards to pricing without so much as a hint of reaction?
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#39Dev445Posted 1/16/2014 11:54:45 PM
No doubt Xbox One will sell more in U.S, not that I give a rats ass, Xbox 360 has been doing it how many months now I lost count. but once the heavy hitters like TF and the next Halo comes out. Xbox One sales will skyrocket.

No other exclusive be pulling Halo numbers except for Mario.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#40AtomicPenguin76Posted 1/17/2014 12:12:06 AM
mrpic posted...
no ifs or buts about it op

xbox will sell more in north america

when this gen is over you will likely see double or more xbox consoles sold in NA

furthermore xbox one within the year will be the lead console of this generation

This is extremely unlikely.

The XB1 really has to do as well as the PS4 in NA, if not better, to keep competition up (which is good for all of us in the long run). It's not going to outsell the PS4 anywhere else, so in order to even stay competitive it has to at least match if not exceed the PS4 in NA.

It's not going to sell double or more without major changes in North America just on price alone. I'm glad it did as well as it did in December, but the price is going to impact sales after the holiday season for both systems and start to become more of a factor. It should get a good boost when Titanfall comes out and probably again when Destiny does (although that's coming for both), so we'll see if it has some momentum going into the holidays later this year.

I doubt it'll be possible to tell anything about how the generation is shaping up, at least in the U.S., until after next Christmas. Outside the U.S., it's not even close right now and that's only going to expand since the XB1 isn't even launching elsewhere until around fall the last I read.