Does anyone seriously think Xbox One can outsell PS4 in NA?

#51DojoMaxPosted 1/17/2014 5:55:07 AM
benjimain posted...
bessy67 posted...
They wouldn't. Sony doesn't have the same amount of financial security that MS does. They wouldn't be able to afford taking more of a loss on hardware. But I wouldn't expect a price drop from either any time soon, so it's kind of a moot point.

Don't think the Xbox brand has unlimited money either, naive little girl. Shareholders have had their fill with the division.

Secondly, you're wrong about your assertion that Sony can't outpace MS. You see the PS4 has newer tech with its GDDR5, whereas Bone tech is kinda older, so the PS4's cost of parts is going to drop more quickly as time goes on, allowing Sony to outpace MS at every turn.

You don't even know what you're talking about.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#52bob15xPosted 1/17/2014 5:55:59 AM
Apex-Player posted...
Ignoring the fact that RRoD greatly influenced sales of 360s again I see.

54% failure rate - 8 year life span - 3 year warranty.

Common people stop acting like that 'truly' won xbox NA. If the x1 has no major reason to buy multiple consoles per person this gen that 10k lead will be short lived.

you do realize that after that rrod pretty much disappeared after 4 years right? And for some reason the fact that so many people had to buy a second ps2 because of dre does not compute into fanboys like yourselfs minds when discussing how many sales there was at this console.

you do not have an xbox one, you have no intention of getting an xbox one you are only on this board to troll so how about you leave and use that time to try and get a life or grow up.
#53scoobydoobydontPosted 1/17/2014 5:57:27 AM
I'm certain it will. There isn't any doubt in my mind. Sony would have to have a much bigger lead for me to think they would beat Xbox in the US (ultimately). LTD means **** all after less than three months, I'm not sure why you emphasized that aspect of things.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#54blitz_0623Posted 1/17/2014 6:20:13 AM
bessy67 posted...
Everyone should have doubt. 360 crushed PS3 here and you're basing your views that USA will suddenly become Sony land off of 2 months of sales. Maybe it will turn around this gen but it is way, way, way too early to tell.

---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#55Exodus_PrimePosted 1/17/2014 6:22:08 AM
benjimain posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
If Xbox launched it 50 territories they would have sold just as many

Yes because Portugal, as an example of one of those extra territories, with their contribution of a titanic 21k PS4s sold towards the 4.2m, clearly made such a difference!

Face it, most of the PS4s sold, did so in the same major territories the Bone is released in. Those extra territories wouldn't have made a difference, especially since MS is mostly hated worldwide.

Xbox One Leads US Console Sales in December

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/16/xbox-one-leads-us-console-sales-in-december

Ouch...
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#56scoobydoobydontPosted 1/17/2014 6:25:42 AM
You can't reason with fanboys like benjimain, don't even try.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#57blitz_0623Posted 1/17/2014 6:37:28 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...

I agree with this, although he does have a point regarding the extra territories.

Anyone who thinks that MS will have sold just as many Xbox Ones as PS4s if they launched in the same number of territories is fooling themselves. Sony has always had the advantage outside the US. So in this case if both consoles are already neck and neck in the US, then you can expect the PS4 will be blowing out the Xbox One on other places. The gap will obviously only be smaller worldwide, probably 4.2m vs 3.5 instead of 4.2 vs 3.1
---
PM me if you add
#58ReconXBLPosted 1/17/2014 6:39:44 AM
It's too early to be sure of anything.

Also, who cares? Both consoles are going to sell tens of millions of units.
---
My love of Xbox was forged in combat. OIF 06-08. Purple Heart. Father. Husband. Writer. Gamer.
Twitter / XBL / YouTube: ReconXBL
#59scoobydoobydontPosted 1/17/2014 6:42:39 AM
blitz_0623 posted...

I agree with this, although he does have a point regarding the extra territories.

Anyone who thinks that MS will have sold just as many Xbox Ones as PS4s if they launched in the same number of territories is fooling themselves. Sony has always had the advantage outside the US. So in this case if both consoles are already neck and neck in the US, then you can expect the PS4 will be blowing out the Xbox One on other places. The gap will obviously only be smaller worldwide, probably 4.2m vs 3.5 instead of 4.2 vs 3.1

I don't think this, I just think Xbone will ultimately win NA. But it could take a year, who knows. Fun times!
---
#60blitz_0623Posted 1/17/2014 6:44:49 AM
blitz_0623 posted...

I don't think this, I just think Xbone will ultimately win NA. But it could take a year, who knows. Fun times!

Indeed, I'm actually curious who will win NA. Would actually be nice if they are within 100k of each other and take turns outselling each other monthly for the next 3-4 years.
---
PM me if you add